|“||You know, I never liked anything about Vega 5. But now I remember one of their rules was to always respect a living AI like a sentient being. I've never given that too much thought before, but they're right. Living AIs weres the most beautiful things our ancestors created in an age of corruption.||„|
Ack is a living artificial intelligence, created with the sole purpose of serving the crew members of the Altair One space station as a chef. Ack has been a living AI for over 300 years but had remained in maintenance mode for 330 years, 2 months, and 17 days, until the space station crashed near Portia. Now he lives in Portia, working as a freelance cook at a grill in Peach Plaza.
He is a peaceful, friendly, and well-spoken character. As the player gets to know him more, he will open up about his lost love, Lara, and will start visiting the Workshop upon completion of the Mission: The Lonely Robot.
Ack has no biographical information available, even after reaching two full relationship stars. His biography only contains a set of question marks due to his enigmatic nature. He also has no birthday or weight registered.
Ack has no family in Portia, but he has gotten to know some people in Portia, including Arlo, who helped in rescue and repair efforts after Ack's space station crashed in the Collapsed Wasteland, and Toby. He considers each of them a Buddy.
Ack's true love and crewmate aboard the Altair One was called Lara. She was killed in the crash of her space station, but Ack survived. Ack mourns her passing every day. The player eventually has the opportunity to build a Lara Model for Ack as a part of Mission: The Lonely Robot.
When befriending Ack, his relationship network with other NPCs will also be affected, resulting in the player receiving favor points from those NPCs as well. Note: Lara is not a part of Ack's relationship network.
Developing a friendly relationship with Ack unlocks new dialogue that reveals more about Ack and gives you access to special relationship perks.
- 10% off hire price
- Good Friend
- 20% off hire price
- Best Friend
- 25% off hire price
Although not listed in his profile, if The Lonely Robot is complete, when Ack reaches Buddy status () with the player, he will offer to become their helper. Ack will offer his services during his morning visit to the Lara Model. The player must have a Lara Model in their yard to trigger this dialogue. If accepted, Ack will help with domestic work and resource gathering for a monthly fee.
The following items can be acquired from Ack:
- Wood from gathering tree branches
- Stone from gathering rocks
- Completed items from crafting stations
- Harvested items from plants/trees/farm animals
- First meeting
- I'm learning more and more about the world from Petra...I cannot believe how much it's changed. I also haven't had any interfacing time since I've been here...it's very different, I don't have any direction.
- Ohlala! My dear Lara, where did you go? If I can only see her one more time...
- There used to be so many AIs walking around...it's kind of lonely to be the only one here now. What happened?
Giving gifts to Ack affects your relationship.
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral effect when given to Ack.
- Gifts given on festival days earn the player 2x relationship points, and will show a unique dialogue.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
|Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.
Gift values displayed on this chart are for the PC release of My Time at Portia and may not apply to the console releases.
While Ack is hired as the player's helper he will cook for the player. Ack initially can only cook dishes in his recipe list, but as the player discovers recipes of their own or upgrades him with recipe data chips, he can begin cooking those as well. Ack's data chip dishes are unique and cannot be cooked using any crafting station.
The player can access Ack's cooking menu by interacting with him and select the recipe and quantity they need. The cooked dish appears in the player's inventory. The player does not need to have the required ingredients in their inventory for Ack to cook.
|Default|| +6 per second|
Lasts 20 seconds
|Default|| +1 per second|
Lasts 35 seconds
|Default||Restores 50 |
|Default||Restores 7% Max |
Lasts 120 seconds
Lasts 20 seconds
| +1 per second|
Lasts 15 seconds
| +1.5% per second|
Lasts 15 seconds
|Melee critical damage +30%|
Lasts 180 seconds
|Ranged Critical Damage +30%|
Lasts 180 seconds
|Max increases by 1 permanently|
|Defense permanently increases by 1|
Hiring as a Helper Edit
First, the Mission: The Lonely Robot must be completed. After the player has the Lara Model in their yard, Ack will visit her every day. Once the player reaches Buddy level with him, Ack will offer his help with the workshop and can now be hired for 1200 per month. The player can pay for up to one year of service at a time.
He does not stay at the workshop all day, but will visit multiple times per day to tend to it. Ack's potential services include refueling machines and picking up finished products, feeding animals and picking up any drops, and harvesting, replanting, and fertilizing crops. He can only use resources put in a Helper's Storage Box, and will place all collected items in the chest next to the mailbox.
Upgrading Ack Edit
The option to upgrade Ack becomes available after the player reaches Buddy level with him and completes Mission: Chip Upgrades. The option to upgrade Ack is only available while he is hired as the player's helper.
|Data Chip||Ack's Function||How to Obtain|
Meteorological Data Chip
|Weather Forecast||Research Center Exchange for 10|
Production Data Chip #1
|Collect Products||Research Center Exchange for 10|
Husbandry Data Chip #1
|Farm Cleaning||Research Center Exchange for 20|
Agricultural Data Chip #1
|Harvest Crops||Research Center Exchange for 20|
Production Data Chip #2
|Refuel||Research Center Exchange for 30|
Husbandry Data Chip #2
|Feed Animals||Mining in Abandoned Ruins|
Agricultural Data Chip #2
|Apply Fertilizer||Mining in Abandoned Ruins|
Automated Planting Data Chip
|Automated Planting||Mining in Desert Abandoned Ruins|
- Place the Flowers
- Ack is still locked up for the safety of the town, help him place some flowers on the grave of his deceased crewmates.
- This mission triggers after the player completes Fixing Ack.
- The Lonely Robot
- Ack misses his dear Lara very much, try building a replica of Lara based on Ack's drawing of her, this will ease his pain.
- This mission triggers after the player completes Place the Flowers.
- Mission: Chip Upgrades
- Ask Petra about the data chips for Ack.
- This mission triggers after the player completes The Lonely Robot and is Buddy with Ack.
- Made Whole Again
- Ack's temporary leg is no longer able to support him. Help him build a new leg.
- Finding Happiness
- Ack seems down, talk with the Mayor to see if you can do anything for him.
- When Ack was introducing himself during Mission: The Crashed Station, Ack was glitching, causing him to say "ack". As a result, the townsfolk simply refer to him as "Mr. Ack". Ack's real name, if any, is unknown.
- Ack lives in the Happy Apartments; his home station will need to be installed on the second floor, near the stairs.
- Ack may sometimes stand idly outside the player's yard, seeming as if he is waiting for them. When approached, he will give them 1 Ocean's Fortune.
- As of PC version 2.0.134712, some users may experience difficulty getting Ack to perform his intended functions, including refuel crafting stations, even if they have the requirements fulfilled (in the case of refueling, that means they already have the following: Production Data Chip 2 installed, refueling allowed in their helper console inside their house, and the necessary fuel stored in their Helper's Storage Box in a place Ack can reach).
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Albert Jr. • Huss • Mali • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|