FANDOM


Fishing

Fishing

Fishing is an activity that allows the player to capture Fish from rivers and oceans. When equipped with a fishing rod and bait, the player can approach designated Fishing Spots and cast a line into the water.

Fish can be used for Cooking, Gifting, selling for Gols, or breeding.

Fishing Day is a festival that celebrates fishing, and is an ample source of catch rare and difficult fish. These rare fish may make good gifts for the Day of the Bright Sun later in the month.


ControlsEdit

  1. To cast a line, the player needs to approach a designated fishing spot and press the left mouse button.
    • The player consumes 6 stamina points per cast.
    • Bait is consumed when the player chooses to begin reeling.
  2. When a fish bites onto the hook (indicated by an exclamation mark), use the left mouse button to start reeling. Reeling will increase the tension which is indicated by the red bubble within the white bubble.
  3. Hold the left mouse button to reel the line.
  4. While reeling, keep the white bubble on the fish by moving the mouse. When the white bubble is too far off, it will turn red. Stop reeling when that happens and move the now red bubble back onto the fish.
  5. Continue reeling until the fish is captured. A small figure above the player's fishing rod shows how much longer the player will need to reel. The fish is captured when the figure reaches 0.00.

TipsEdit

Fish Encyclopedia action

Fish Encyclopedia skill in action

  1. Avoid making the red bubble (tension) fill the white bubble. If it does, the line snaps and the fish will escape.
    • Only reel the fish in when the white bubble is on the fish.
    • The red bubble shrinks when the white bubble is on the fish while not reeling. Especially with tough fish like goliaths, these reeling breaks are necessary between reeling attempts.
  2. The skill Fish Encyclopedia allows the player to identify which fish is currently biting, which is very useful for only catching specific fish.
  3. Time does pass while the player is fishing, but the amount of time that goes by depends on what types of fish the player tries to reel in. If a fish bites but the player chooses not to reel it in, then five minutes of in-game time will pass. verify ]

Rods and baitEdit

Item Type Description Obtained
Beginner's Fishing RodBeginner's Fishing Rod

Beginner's Fishing Rod
Fishing Rod A basic fishing rod for beginners, easy to make but hard to catch that big one. Worktable
Classic Fishing RodClassic Fishing Rod

Classic Fishing Rod
Fishing Rod A flexible fishing rod that is less likely to break. Worktable
Master Fishing RodMaster Fishing Rod

Master Fishing Rod
Fishing Rod A well-crafted fishing rod for advanced users, it can greatly improve the odds of catching the fish that got away! Donate 1 of each Emperor fish to the Museum
CaterpillarCaterpillar

Caterpillar
Bait Likes to hide among the bushes, a common fish bait. Sophie's Ranch
Gathering

Fishing spotsEdit

Map Icon Fishing Spot
Main article: Fishing spots

The fishing spots page lists fish by location, as well as shows where on the map that each fishing spot is.

CatchesEdit

The chance to catch a fish is 92%, while the chance to catch other items is 8%.

Note:

FishEdit

Item Name Sell Price Time to Catch Exp Fishing Spot
Golden SalmonGolden Salmon
Golden Salmon 30 Gols 25 min. 120 Bassanio Falls (40.80%)
Portia Harbor (40.80%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (27.22%)
Emperor Golden SalmonEmperor Golden Salmon
Emperor Golden Salmon 60 Gols 26 min. 240 Bassanio Falls (4.08%)
Portia Harbor (4.08%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (2.72%)
Golden Salmon KingGolden Salmon King
Golden Salmon King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Bassanio Falls (1.02%)
Portia Harbor (1.02%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (0.68%)
GoliathGoliath
Goliath 350 Gols 45 min. 200 Bassanio Falls (40.80%)
Eufaula Heights (27.22%)
Emperor GoliathEmperor Goliath
Emperor Goliath 700 Gols 60 min. 400 Bassanio Falls (4.08%)
Eufaula Heights (2.72%)
Goliath KingGoliath King
Goliath King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Bassanio Falls (1.02%)
Eufaula Heights (0.68%)
CatfishCatfish
Catfish 30 Gols 10 min. 120 Portia River (40.80%)
Collapsed Wasteland (27.22%)
Emperor CatfishEmperor Catfish
Emperor Catfish 60 Gols 7 min. 240 Portia River (4.08%)
Collapsed Wasteland (2.72%)
Catfish KingCatfish King
Catfish King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Portia River (1.02%)
Collapsed Wasteland (0.68%)
Frog FishFrog Fish
Frog Fish 75 Gols 14 min. 120 Portia River (40.80%)
Somber Marsh (27.26%)
Emperor Frog FishEmperor Frog Fish
Emperor Frog Fish 150 Gols 24 min. 240 Portia River (4.08%)
Somber Marsh (2.72%)
Frog Fish KingFrog Fish King
Frog Fish King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Portia River (1.02%)
Somber Marsh (0.68%)
Banner FishBanner Fish
Banner Fish 30 Gols 15 min. 120 Amber Island (27.22%)
Western Beach (27.22%)
Emperor Banner FishEmperor Banner Fish
Emperor Banner Fish 60 Gols 27 min. 240 Amber Island (2.72%)
Western Beach (2.72%)
Banner Fish KingBanner Fish King
Banner Fish King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Amber Island (0.68%)
Western Beach (0.68%)
Koi FishKoi Fish
Koi Fish 40 Gols 10 min. 120 Starlight Island (40.89%)
Amber Island (27.22%)
Emperor Koi FishEmperor Koi Fish
Emperor Koi Fish 80 Gols 24 min. 240 Starlight Island (4.09%)
Amber Island (2.72%)
Koi KingKoi King
Koi King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Starlight Island (1.02%)
Amber Island (0.68%)
Blue MackerelBlue Mackerel
Blue Mackerel 180 Gols 27 min. 150 Amber Island (27.22%)
Eufaula Heights (27.22%)
Emperor Blue MackerelEmperor Blue Mackerel
Emperor Blue Mackerel 360 Gols 45 min. 400 Amber Island (2.72%)
Eufaula Heights (2.72%)
Blue Mackerel KingBlue Mackerel King
Blue Mackerel King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Amber Island (0.68%)
Eufaula Heights (0.68%)
BubblefishBubblefish
Bubblefish 100 Gols 9 min. 100 Portia Harbor (40.80%)
Somber Marsh (27.26%)
Emperor BubblefishEmperor Bubblefish
Emperor Bubblefish 200 Gols 20 min. 240 Portia Harbor (4.08%)
Somber Marsh (2.72%)
Bubblefish KingBubblefish King
Bubblefish King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Portia Harbor (1.02%)
Somber Marsh (0.68%)
Lantern FishLantern Fish
Lantern Fish 90 Gols 17 min. 120 Western Beach (27.22%)
Somber Marsh (27.26%)
Emperor Lantern FishEmperor Lantern Fish
Emperor Lantern Fish 180 Gols 27 min. 240 Western Beach (2.72%)
Somber Marsh (2.72%)
Lantern Fish KingLantern Fish King
Lantern Fish King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Western Beach (0.68%)
Somber Marsh (0.68%)
FirefishFirefish
Firefish 45 Gols 12 min. 120 Western Beach (27.22%)
Emperor FirefishEmperor Firefish
Emperor Firefish 90 Gols 17 min. 240 Western Beach (2.72%)
Firefish KingFirefish King
Firefish King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Western Beach (0.68%)
Blade FishBlade Fish
Blade Fish 60 Gols 30 min. 150 Collapsed Wasteland (27.22%)
Eufaula Heights (27.22%)
Emperor Blade FishEmperor Blade Fish
Emperor Blade Fish 120 Gols 40 min. 400 Collapsed Wasteland (2.72%)
Eufaula Heights (2.72%)
Blade Fish KingBlade Fish King
Blade Fish King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Collapsed Wasteland (0.68%)
Eufaula Heights (0.68%)
Wise FishWise Fish
Wise Fish 320 Gols 45 min. 200 Collapsed Wasteland (27.22%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (27.22%)
Emperor Wise FishEmperor Wise Fish
Emperor Wise Fish 640 Gols 50 min. 400 Collapsed Wasteland (2.72%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (2.72%)
Wiser FishWiser Fish
Wiser Fish 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Collapsed Wasteland (0.68%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (0.68%)
Gladiator FishGladiator Fish
Gladiator Fish 280 Gols 45 min. 200 Starlight Island (40.89%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (27.22%)
Emperor Gladiator FishEmperor Gladiator Fish
Emperor Gladiator Fish 560 Gols 50 min. 400 Starlight Island (4.09%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (2.72%)
Gladiator Fish KingGladiator Fish King
Gladiator Fish King 5000 Gols 40 min. 500 Starlight Island (1.02%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (0.68%)

Special itemsEdit

These items can be caught only once, and they are considered as "fish" when it comes to catch chance; in other words, for any cast, there is a 92% catch chance to catch a "fish", and the Golden Ring counts a one of those fish.

Item Name Sell Price Time to Catch Exp Fishing Spot
Golden RingGolden Ring
Golden Ring 100 Gols ??? min. ??? Bassanio Falls (0.20%)
Portia River (0.20%)
Portia Harbor (0.20%)
Amber Island (0.14%)
Western Beach (0.14%)
Collapsed Wasteland (0.14%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (0.14%)
Eufaula Heights (0.14%)

Rubbish itemsEdit

Item Name Sell Price Time to Catch Exp Fishing Spot
Rusty Iron PipeRusty Iron Pipe
Rusty Iron Pipe 4 Gols <10 min. 0 Bassanio Falls (5%)
Portia River (5%)
Amber Island (5%)
Shell NecklaceShell Necklace
Shell Necklace 13 Gols <10 min. 0 Collapsed Wasteland (5%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (5%)
Eufaula Heights (5%)
Starlight Island (5%)
Somber Marsh (5%)
Bassanio Falls (0.5%)
Portia River (0.5%)
Amber Island (0.5%)
RacketRacket
Racket 10 Gols <10 min. 0 Bassanio Falls (2.5%)
Portia River (2.5%)
Amber Island (2.5%)
Portia Harbor (2.5%)
Western Beach (2.5%)
Collapsed Wasteland (2.5%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (2.5%)
Eufaula Heights (2.5%)
Starlight Island (2.5%)
Somber Marsh (2.5%)
SeaweedSeaweed
Seaweed 3 Gols <10 min. 0 Portia Harbor (5%)
Western Beach (5%)
TalismanTalisman
Talisman 13 Gols <10 min. 0 Portia Harbor (0.5%)
Western Beach (0.5%)
Crystal NecklaceCrystal Necklace
Crystal Necklace 27 Gols <10 min. 0 Collapsed Wasteland (0.5%)
Eufaula Desert Oasis (0.5%)
Eufaula Heights (0.5%)
Starlight Island (0.5%)
Somber Marsh (0.5%)

Breeding fish Edit

Joystick
ErrorSprite Console Bug Alert ErrorSprite
Details: Fish Display cannot be put back in inventory and fish cannot be placed in it. The Large Fish Tank was reported to work; currently unknown if Crystal Fish Tank works.
Main article: Breeding fish
Fish Display
A pair of same-species fish can be bred together to produce another fish of the same quality as the parents. For example, two emperor Goliath can be bred to spawn another emperor Goliath, or two Wiser Fish can be bred to produce another Wiser fish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.