Fishing is an activity that allows the player to capture Fish from rivers and oceans. When equipped with a fishing rod and bait, the player can approach designated Fishing Spots and cast a line into the water.
Fish can be used for Cooking, Gifting, selling for Gols, or breeding.
Fishing Day is a festival that celebrates fishing, and is a great chance to catch rare and tough fish. These rare fish may make good gifts for giving to Gale for the Day of the Bright Sun later in the month.
- To cast a line, the player needs to approach a designated fishing spot and press the left mouse button.
- The player consumes 6 stamina points per cast.
- Bait is consumed when the player chooses to begin reeling.
- When a fish bites onto the hook (indicated by an exclamation mark), use the left mouse button to start reeling. Reeling will increase the tension which is indicated by the red bubble within the white bubble.
- Hold the left mouse button to reel the line.
- While reeling, keep the white bubble on the fish by moving the mouse. When the white bubble is too far off, it will turn red. Stop reeling when that happens and move the now red bubble back onto the fish.
- Continue reeling until the fish is captured. A small figure above your fishing rod shows how much longer you need to reel. The fish is captured when the figure reaches 0.00.
- Avoid making the red bubble (tension) fill the white bubble. If it does, the line snaps and the fish will escape.
- Only reel the fish in when the white bubble is on the fish.
- The red bubble shrinks when the white bubble is on the fish while not reeling. Especially with tough fish like goliaths, these reeling breaks are necessary between reeling attempts.
- The skill Fish Encyclopedia allows the player to identify which fish is currently biting, which is very useful for only catching specific fish.
- Time does pass while you are fishing, but the amount of time that goes by depends on what types of fish you try to reel in. If a fish bites but you choose not to reel it in, five minutes will go by in Portia time [ verify ].
Rods and baitEdit
Beginner's Fishing Rod
|Fishing Rod||A basic fishing rod for beginners, easy to make but hard to catch that big one.||Worktable|
Classic Fishing Rod
|Fishing Rod||A flexible fishing rod the is less likely to break.||Worktable|
Master Fishing Rod
|Fishing Rod||A well-crafted fishing rod for advanced users, it can greatly improve the odds of catching the fish that got away!||Donate 1 of each Emperor fish to the Museum|
|Bait||Likes to hide among the bushes, a common fish bait.||Sophie's Ranch or foraging Herbs or Snake Berry|
- Main article: Fishing spots
The chance to catch a fish is 92%, while the chance to catch other items is 8%.
- The Golden Ring counts as a fish in the 92% catch chance; that's why it was added to the Fish list.
- The catch times shown below assume that the player is using a Beginner's Fishing Rod. The time taken to catch a fish will decrease if using a Classic Fishing Rod or Master Fishing Rod.
- All the chance and price values were extracted from the game's files as of version 1.1.129956.
|Item||Name||Sell Price||Fishing Spot|
|Rusty Iron Pipe||4||Bassanio Falls (62.50%), Portia River (62.50%), Amber Island (62.50%)|
|Shell Necklace||13||Bassanio Falls (6.25%), Portia River (6.25%), Amber Island (6.25%), Collapsed Wasteland (62.50%), Eufaula Desert Oasis (62.50%), Eufaula Heights (62.50%), Starlight Island (62.50%), Somber Marsh (62.50%)|
|Racket||10||Bassanio Falls (31.25%), Portia River (31.25%), Amber Island (31.25%), Portia Harbor (31.25%), Western Beach (31.25%), Collapsed Wasteland (31.25%), Eufaula Desert Oasis (31.25%), Eufaula Heights (31.25%), Starlight Island (31.25%), Somber Marsh (31.25%)|
|Seaweed||3||Portia Harbor (62.50%), Western Beach (62.50%)|
|Talisman||13||Portia Harbor (6.25%), Western Beach (6.25%)|
|Crystal Necklace||27||Collapsed Wasteland (6.25%), Eufaula Desert Oasis (6.25%), Eufaula Heights (6.25%), Starlight Island (6.25%), Somber Marsh (6.25%)|
Breeding fish Edit
- Main article: Breeding Fish