| Spoiler Alert|
This page may contain spoilers. Proceed with caution!
|“||Ginger was born in Portia on a stormy night, that same night, her mother passed away. The older residents in Portia often comment on how much Ginger reminds them of her mother, both in looks and her kindness. When Ginger was twelve she suddenly collapsed while walking under a sunny day. Dr. Xu tried many remedies but none worked. From that day on, Ginger has been getting weaker and weaker. Still, she keeps her head held high in hopes one day she'll be able to walk under the sun again.|
Ginger was born on Winter of Day 1 in Portia. The same night on her birth date, her mother, Liza, passed away. Her brother, Gust, blamed her for their mother's death and left Portia. When Ginger was twelve years old, she collapsed while out for a walk on a sunny day. She had tried several remedies to no avail and continues to grow weaker by the day.
Ginger dreams of becoming an architect like her brother, much so that she likes making small trinkets. She likes sour foods but dislikes spicy and cold foods due to her condition. She dislikes receiving gifts and would rather just spend time sitting and chatting.
She spends most of her time indoors, rarely coming outside. The only time she comes outside is when it is nighttime or raining. Russo, the family butler, often runs errands for her, such as fetching her food. She is a "dreamer" who enjoys talking with the player and other people in town and going for walks when the sun isn't out.
For a major relationship spoiler, visit the Spoilers section at the end of this article.
Ginger's namesake, her wavy ginger hair, flows freely down to the small of her back. She has pale skin, green eyes, and a dusting of freckles on her face.
She dresses modestly and keeps most of her body covered from the elements, wearing a below-knee white dress with a high, frilly collar, long sleeves that puff out before reaching the cuffs, and simple pink and yellow detailing, tied around the waist with a front-facing pink bow. She wears long white socks and pink mary jane shoes, as well as a blue bracelet on her left wrist. While out during the day, she makes sure to wear her dainty pink Umbrella.
Ginger lives with her father, Gale; her brother, Gust; and the family butler, Russo. Her family members are extremely protective of her. Her mother, Liza, passed away giving birth to her. Gust, in the past, blamed her for the death of their mother, but now he is very protective of Ginger.
When befriending Ginger, her relationship network with other NPCs will also be affected, resulting in the player receiving favor points from those NPCs as well. Note: Liza is not a part of Ginger's relationship network.
ScheduleEditOn normal days Ginger will usually leave her bedroom after 10:00. She can be found in her house sitting down. Here the player can talk to her, play games or give gifts. There are exceptions to her normal schedule, usually on holidays, events and rainy days where her schedule will change. She will usually stay in her house until the sun goes down.
19:00 - 22:00 - you can you usually see her in the Plaza between these times. Caught her walking with her brother Gust around 19:30. They were heading out to the river which is south of the Plaza.
22:00 - 03:00 - Just a little ways up north from the bridge you built you can find them sitting by the river. Seen this happened around Thursday Night to Early Friday morning.
Sunday - 19:00 - 22:00 - If its not raining she walks around the town rather than go straight to the River outside the plaza. She is accompanied by her brother Gust.
Rainy days - 10:00 - In the morning she starts heading to the river near the bridge.
Birthday (Winter 1) - 7:00 - 12:00 - Leaves home and walks towards cemetery (10:30-11:00 - reaches top grave near the left of the Abandoned Ruins #2). Leaves cemetery at 12:00 to walk home. Reaches home at 15:30.
|10:00||Leaves bedroom for the main area of her house|
|10:00||Leaves bedroom for the main area of her house|
WARNING: If you choose to propose to Ginger at any point, Mission: Tests of Marriage will trigger. This mission cannot be aborted even if you break up with her.
Before marrying Ginger, you must go through a set of trials. One from Gale, Russo, and Gust. The first trial is given by Gale and it involves you having an A ranking workshop, and getting the #1 Work Shop during that month. The second trial is given by Russo, this trial is all about answering a set of questions about Ginger. The third and final trial is to upgrade your house to level 3.
- First meeting
- Talk about favorite foods
- y stomach is not so good, so eating spicy food will really ruin my day.
- I don't eat too much ice cream, they're too cold for my stomach.
- The Rainbow Lemonade here at The Round Table is very unique, why don't you try one sometimes?
- Sweet, sour, and crispy are the best words to describe the Sauteed Sweet and Sour Tenderloin, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
- Ask about work
- I don't have a job right now, but I want to be an architect like my brother when I get better.
- Casual talk
- Papa told me stories about him and uncle Russo during the war against Duvos. I mean war is cruel but it's also admirable when people stand up against the bad guys and fight for what is just, right?
- You know, because of my condition, I rarely step outside of Portia. If I do get better, I would love to travel the world.
- (You must be really strong willed.)
- Th-thank you. I do have a weak body, and it's something I have to live with everyday. But as people say, when life gives you lemons, you make some lemonade.
- (You must be really strong willed.)
- Thank you for understanding, it's very stressful living to live with my condition. But it taught me to live each day fully.
- (It seems like your family cares a lot about you.)
- I'm lucky to be surrounded by loved ones and other good people.
Giving gifts to Ginger affects your relationship.
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral effect when given to Ginger.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Ginger's birthday earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points respectively and show a unique dialogue.
- Giving liked and loved gifts to Ginger earns less relationship points than with most NPCs
|Version 1.0.129395||Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.|
The following items are desires, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that this NPC has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value.
Note: Ginger will wear the Butterfly Hairpin if she receives it when desired.
Ginger will spar with you three times per day. Ginger is eligible for sparring. If you hurt her constantly, she will Spar you. Gust or Russo or both will take her place in the sparring match. If you win the 3rd time you spar, You will get 3 friendship points.
|Results||Relationship||Rewards / Fine|
|Win|| (+1)|| (+1)|| (+1)|
(5 to 15)
|Lose|| (+1)|| (+1)||(+1)|
(-1 to -5)
Ginger will play RPS with you three times per day.
Occasionally, first thing in the morning, you may leave your house to find Ginger outside, hoping to invite you out for a date.
Once you have become buddies with Ginger, you can schedule a play date together. Ginger can be asked to play and date. However, unlike other characters, she can only meet between 20:00 - 22:00; she only waits outside Gale's house and cannot be met in the typical meeting areas. Additionally, she cannot participate in the seesaw mini-game.
After you have successfully confessed how you feel and Ginger accepts you, you can schedule a romantic date.
If you choose to dine at The Round Table with Ginger during a date, be sure to order dishes they will like. Sometimes, if you ask them before ordering, they will tell you exactly which dishes to order; other times, they will just give little hints. In any event, Ginger's food preferences are:
|Exceptions:||Ginger feels neutral about Spicy and Sour Potato (Restaurant) because it is both Sour Food and Spicy Food.|
As you develop your relationship with Ginger, you unlock special interactions, including Hug and Kiss.
Ginger occasionally uses the Relic Pieces Exchange board at the Museum to trade for relic pieces. Ginger also visits the museum occasionally and likes to look at particular exhibits (after you have donated them to the Museum).
- Habits of Ginger
- Help Ginger collect 3 Topaz and send them to her home.
- Legend of the Red Prince
- Gale seems down, I should see if he needs any help.
These missions are only available if the player romances Ginger.
- Ginger's Little Wish
- Find Gust and reason with him to let Ginger go to the beach.
- A Gift for Brother
- Ginger wants to make a Yu-Pei for Gust, a type of Seesaian jade jewelry.
- In Sickness
- Ginger's sick? Go to her house and see how she's doing.
- This mission triggers if the player romances Ginger and has completed A Gift for Brother.
- And in Health
- Is someone keeping Ginger from seeing me? Maybe I should ask around.
- This mission is available if the player romances Ginger and has completed In Sickness.
- Tests of Marriage
- For Ginger's hand in marriage, go talk with Gale, Gust, and Russo for their blessings.
- This mission is available if the player proposes to Ginger and she accepts.
- Note: the player marries Ginger automatically after this mission is over. The mission has no time limit and cannot be failed or cancelled even if the player breaks up with Ginger.
- A Trip to Starlight Island
- Ginger wants to travel to Starlight Island.
- This mission triggers if the player is married to Ginger.
- When married, Ginger will occasionally change your wallpaper.
- When married, Ginger will occasionally cook for you in the morning. She always goes out at night, as she will stay at home during sunny days except on Saturday.
- A possible bug causes Ginger to appear outside during bright sunlight when she is sparred with, despite her condition.
- As of Alpha 3.7, Ginger no longer holds an umbrella. Instead, she wears an umbrella hat outdoors, regardless of weather.
- After reaching 2 hearts, Ginger will send you a Yellow Sapphire Necklace and a crafting recipe for this item in the mail.
- Ginger is one of the only two characters that have a different value than +1 for neutral gifts (+- 0). Pinky is the only other character. Neutral gifts for her will default to -2.
- Since relationship gain with her is hard, several small dialogs with her have been implemented that give a +20 boost to the relationship with her.
SPOILER ALERT: A major character-related spoiler is ahead. Do not view the remaining text in this section unless you want to view the spoiler.
According to the game's files, Ginger eventually passes away. When this happens, Gale will send the following letter:
However, this currently appears to be unimplemented.