Mars is a resident of Portia with whom the player can develop a friendship. He is the town tool craftsman. He can be found manning his shop Total Tools during the day.
He and his wife Carol have three daughters, Molly, Polly, and Dolly. He is a friendly family man who is dedicated to his wife and daughters. He loves to gamble at the games in Django's Gaming Hall in his free time.
Mars is a native of Portia, as his family came with the first wave of settlers about 80 years ago. Continuing his family's legacy, Mars runs the only tool shop in town. Hardworking and unassuming, Mars is often stressed about money and how he'll afford a better future for his three daughters.
Mars was born on Summer of Day 18 in Portia. Mars dedicates his time to running the only tool shop in Portia. At some point in his life, he met Carol and had three kids: Molly, Polly, and Dolly. Mars has difficulty with planning on how to use the family's money, only being saved by his wife's ability to manage the financial affairs.
When befriending Mars, his relationship network with other NPCs will also be affected, resulting in the player receiving favor points from those NPCs as well.
|19:30||Enters The Round Table and goes to Django's Gaming Hall to play games.|
|22:00||Leaves The Round Table to arrive at ???|
Developing a friendly relationship with Mars unlocks new dialogue that reveals more about Mars and gives the player access to special relationship perks.
- Receive a 10% discount when consuming in the store
- Receive a 20% discount when consuming in the store
- Good Friend
- Receive a 25% discount when consuming in the store
Chat is a basic social interaction available at any relationship level. Chatting with Mars once a day can increase his relationship by 1 point, or 2 points with the Smooth Talk skill; subsequent chatting, on the same day, only results in the same conversation without any relationship gain.
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral (+1) effect when given to Mars.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Mars's birthday will earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points, respectively, and will show a unique dialogue.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.
- Mars feels neutral about all ores, unlike most who hate them.
|Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.|
The following items are desires, or wishes, which are randomly assigned to one or two characters per week. The player is required to be at least at Buddy level with Mars for him to be assigned a desire. More desires have a chance to appear as the player's friendship with Mars progresses; the new desires are added to the existing ones but do not replace them. Some characters may desire an item that they do not normally like.
In the event that Mars has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value. The birthday or festival day relationship bonus applies when gifting a desired item.
|Minimum Relationship Level||Possible Desires
Bubblefish Stew (+20)
Crafter's Toolbox (+20)
Mars can spar with the player up to three times per day.
Note that the level in the table below is Mars's base level at the start of the game. Mars's actual level can be higher because Mars will level up over time.
|Player Lose|| |
| Gols (1-5)|
Mars can play RPS with the player up to three times per day.
|Group Photo →|
Mars can partake in group photos with the player after reaching the Associate level.
- More poses are unlocked by reaching higher relationship levels.
- The "Photographer" skill can fully unlock all poses, regardless of relationship or romantic level.
- All poses can be viewed in Mars's Gallery page.
Once the player has become buddies with Mars, they can schedule a play date together.
If the player chooses to dine at The Round Table with Mars during a play date or date, it is recommended to order dishes Mars will like. If asked before ordering, Mars will sometimes tell the player exactly which dishes to order; other times, Mars will just give little hints. In the event that Mars does not specify the exact foods desired, the player should order between three and six dishes, depending on what hint Mars gives. It is recommended to order each of those dishes from different courses, ex. ordering one Appetizer, Meat, Vegetable, Dessert, and Drink course each, rather than five Desserts.
Mars's food preferences are:
|Banner Fish Salad|
Smoked Fish Roll
Creamy Salmon Stew
Creamy Shrimp Stew
|Bamboo Papaya and Seafood with Rice||Spaghetti with Hot Sauce|
Supremely Spicy Spaghetti
Portia Hot Pot
|Meidi's Fish Stew||N/A|
|Golden Radish Soup||Mapo Tofu|
Spicy and Sour Potato
|Exceptions:||Mars feels neutral about Spicy Fish Soup because it is both Fish and Sea Food and Spicy Food|
Mars occasionally uses the Relic Pieces Exchange board at the Museum to trade for relic pieces. Mars likes to look at particular completed relics, so after the player has donated such relics to the Museum or displayed them in their yard, Mars may come visit the Museum or the player's yard to view these relics. Such visits will earn the player relationship points each time, with the amount dependent upon the relic.
- Main missions are listed in chronological order, based on the chronology list.
- Secondary missions are listed in alphabetical order.
- Indented missions indicate succession of the previously listed mission. Further missions in its timeline are in chronological order.
- Fish for Dinner
- Mars wants to eat some fish but doesn't have the time to go fishing as he's busy with his shop. Catch some Catfish to satisfy his cravings.
- Umbrellas Are Important
- Recently, there's been a shortage of umbrellas in town. Mars is asking for your help to gather some materials so he can make more umbrellas.
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Albert Jr. • Alliance Soldiers • Huss • Mali • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|