Martha came to Portia with her husband over ten years ago. After her husband passed away on an expedition to the Peripheries, Martha decided to stay in Portia and their son Toby by herself. She worries that Toby will follow in his father's footsteps and become an adventurer one day.
Martha was born on Spring of Day 23. She moved to Portia with her husband over ten years ago and had a son named Toby. Her husband passed away while on an expedition to the Peripheries, causing her to become worried about her son, whom wants to become an adventurer like his father.
Martha would bake bread for Toby, which caused her neighbors to ask for portions. As a result, Martha opened up the bakery in Portia. As a baker, she is always interested in tasting new and different types of bread for inspiration.
Martha wears a patterned red bandanna, a pink shirt with white edging, a long blue skirt, an apron with white-and-green checkered trim and orange-and-yellow stripes, and matching orange-and-yellow striped wrist warmers.
Martha lives with her son, Toby. She worries about him and wishes he would be enjoy his time in Portia instead of dreaming of adventure. Her husband (unnamed) passed away while on an expedition to the Peripheries. Martha is Friends with Carol, who runs a nearby shop. They can often be found exercising together in Central Plaza.
When befriending Martha, her relationship network with other NPCs will also be affected, resulting in the player receiving favor points from those NPCs as well.
|8:00||Exercises in Central Plaza with Carol.|
|16:15||Leaves Martha's Bakery to arrive at a bench in Central Plaza by|
|19:00||Chats with Carol at the Clothing Store.|
|20:30||Leaves Clothing Store to arrive at her home by 21:15.|
Developing a friendly relationship with Martha unlocks new dialogue that reveals more about Martha and gives the player access to special relationship perks.
- Receive a 10% discount when consuming in the store
- 20% off in the store and gives gifts sometimes
- Good Friend
- Receive a 25% discount when consuming in the store
- First meeting
- You better be careful, I'll show no mercy.
- Let me show you my full power!
- Alright, let's go! Bring it!
- Come on, let's see what you got!
- Challenging me? I'm game!
- Okay...let's start!
- I admire your courage! Fine, I'll play with you.
- Already starting? I was going to do some stretching.
- Let's rumble!
- Hahah, What do you think of me now?
- You're not hurt are you? Don't worry about it, practice makes perfect.
- Haha, that was super fun! You are pretty good!
- Of course I was going to win! You underestimated me!
- You're far too weak.
- Humph, go home and practice more.
- Alright, I win!
- So you're only so-so.
- Ah, I got some bruises from that.
- Never imagined I could lose.
- Oh, defeat...
- I'm getting a little tired...
- You are the most powerful opponent I've ever met!
- I lost...
- Ah, ow, ow, ow!
- Why are you so strong?
- I'm going for the win next time.
- You won, be proud of it!
- Mercy, mercy!
- What a pity! I will not lose next time!
- That was awful, I'll remember this!
- Talk about favorite foods
- I love to eat fish!
- Instead of spaghetti, I'd rather have steamed, stewed, baked, or fried rice.
- Ask about work
- (How's your bakery doing?)
- As well as it can be when someone that "shall not be named" eats half the supply when he feels like it.
- (It must be hard to be a single mother running a shop.)
- It's actually not so bad. When Toby was born, my hubby was still out and about in the Peripheries, so I'm used to it. The people here are so nice as well, they have given me a lot of help.
- Casual talk
- I don't know if I'd want to travel. Toby wants to go out there right now, haha. But me, I'm not the adventure type.
- My husband took me on a couple of adventures when we were young. But I think I'd like to stay right where I am. I'm worried to death that Toby will take after his Pa and join some adventurer's guild, I don't want to lose another loved one.
- (What type of gifts do you like?)
- Well, I'm usually in need of new cooking tools like pots and pans, because someone likes to take off with my kitchen ware on his adventures.
- Since I have a bakery, I'm always interested in tasting new and different types of bread to get inspiration.
- (Your bread smells very good!)
- Thank you. I'm coming up with new tastes all the time!
- (It must be hard to run a bakery shop and raise a child at the same time.)
- I used to only bake bread for my son, but then neighbors started asking for portions as well, so I started my own bakery.
- It's times like these that I really miss my husband. I wish he could see this with his family.
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral (+1) effect when given to Martha.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Martha's birthday will earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points, respectively, and will show a unique dialogue.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.
|Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.|
The following items are desires, or wishes, which are randomly assigned to one or two characters per week. The player is required to be at least at Associate level with Martha for her to be assigned a desire. More desires have a chance to appear as the player's friendship with Martha progresses; the new desires are added to the existing ones but do not replace them. Some characters may desire an item that they do not normally like.
In the event that Martha has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value. The birthday or festival day relationship bonus applies when gifting a desired item.
|Minimum Relationship Level||Possible Desires
Decocting Pot (+20)
Martha can spar with the player up to three times per day.
Note that the level in the table below is Martha's base level at the start of the game. Martha's actual level can be higher because Martha will level up over time.
|Player Lose|| |
Martha can play RPS with the player up to three times per day.
Once the player has become buddies with Martha, they can schedule a play date together.
If the player chooses to dine at The Round Table with Martha during a play date or date, it is recommended to order dishes Martha will like. If asked before ordering, Martha will sometimes tell the player exactly which dishes to order; other times, Martha will just give little hints. In the event that Martha does not specify the exact foods desired, the player should order between three and six dishes, depending on what hint Martha gives. It is recommended to order each of those dishes from different courses, ex. ordering one Appetizer, Meat, Vegetable, Dessert, and Drink course each, rather than five Desserts.
Martha's food preferences are:
|Banner Fish Salad|
Smoked Fish Roll
Creamy Salmon Stew
Creamy Shrimp Stew
|Bamboo Papaya and Seafood with Rice|
Pumpkin Steamed Rice
Baked Rice with Coconut Chicken
Baked Rice with Chicken Curry
Highwind Fried Rice
Stewed Rice Meat Supreme
|Meidi's Fish Stew|
Spicy Fish Soup
|Golden Radish Soup||N/A|
Milk Scented Tea
Martha occasionally uses the Relic Pieces Exchange board at the Museum to trade for relic pieces. Martha likes to look at particular completed relics, so after the player has donated such relics to the Museum or displayed them in their yard, Martha may come visit the Museum or the player's yard to view these relics. Such visits will earn the player relationship points each time, with the amount dependent upon the relic.
- Main missions are listed in chronological order, based on the chronology list.
- Secondary missions are listed in alphabetical order.
- Indented missions indicate succession of the previously listed mission. Further missions in its timeline are in chronological order.
- The Cave on Amber Island
- Build the power generator and repair the machine inside the cave on Amber Island.
- The Debt Collectors
- The Debt Collector's Agency from Atara sent a couple of agents to inform you that your father owed them some debt.
- Commission of Happiness
- Help A&G Construction deliver some wallpaper samples to customers before 18:00.
- This is Gust's romance mission.
- Martha's Delivery
- Go to Martha and find out why her orders was late.
- The Secret of Planting
- After the Autumn Festival, Emily wants to find a bigger fruit crop to plant, help her find the seed.
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Albert Jr. • Alliance Soldiers • Huss • Mali • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|