McDonald is a resident of Portia with whom the player can develop a friendship. He is a rancher living outside of Portia, next to Sophie's Ranch. He raises horses and cows and dreams of one day opening a restaurant. He can often be found at his shop, McD's Jumpin' Livestock, or with his animals in the fenced area nearby.
McDonald's family has been raising animals on these lands since the founding of Portia. After he took over, McDonald slowly built his ranch into one of the largest in Portia. Never one to shy away from the spotlight, McDonald is always on the look out to become famous.
McDonald was born on Day 4 of Spring. His ancestors have been raising animals on the lands of Portia since its founding, eventually being handed down to McDonald. McDonald slowly built his ranch to become the largest in Portia. McDonald had been married and had kids, but they eventually divorced; his ex-wife took the kids while he took the ranch.
McDonald dreams of one day becoming famous and opening up a restaurant, selling beef burger patties and fries.
McDonald wears a multi-pocketed navy vest over a white checkered button-up shirt, slightly worn blue jeans, a wide brown belt, and brown boots. He wears a wide sombrero-style hat hanging off his back.
When befriending McDonald, his relationship network with other NPCs will also be affected, resulting in the player receiving favor points from those NPCs as well.
McDonald typically never leaves his ranch and can usually be found tending to his livestock or working in his farm store.
|7:00||Leaves his house|
|7:30||Tends to his livestock|
|9:00||Works at his store|
|18:00||Tends to his livestock|
Developing a friendly relationship with McDonald unlocks new dialogue that reveals more about McDonald and gives you access to special relationship perks.
- First meeting
- You better be careful, I'll show no mercy.
- Let me show you my full power!
- Alright, let's go! Bring it!
- Come on, let's see what you got!
- Challenging me? I'm game!
- Okay...let's start!
- I admire your courage! Fine, I'll play with you.
- Already starting? I was going to do some stretching.
- Let's rumble!
- Hahah, What do you think of me now?
- You're not hurt are you? Don't worry about it, practice makes perfect.
- Haha, that was super fun! You are pretty good!
- Of course I was going to win! You underestimated me!
- You're far too weak.
- Humph, go home and practice more.
- Alright, I win!
- So you're only so-so.
- Ah, I got some bruises from that.
- Never imagined I could lose.
- Oh, defeat...
- I'm getting a little tired...
- You are the most powerful opponent I've ever met!
- I lost...
- Ah, ow, ow, ow!
- Why are you so strong?
- I'm going for the win next time.
- You won, be proud of it!
- Mercy, mercy!
- What a pity! I will not lose next time!
- That was awful, I'll remember this!
- Talk about favorite foods
- Instead of spaghetti, I'd rather have steamed, stewed, baked, or fried rice.
- I get a stomach ache whenever I eat something sour, too bad, because I actually like 'em.
- Ask about work
- (So you've been running this farm all by yourself?)
- Aw shucks, it's a long story. I used to be married in my younger days, but she took the kids and I took the farm when we divorced. Nowadays, I'm used to workin' the farm everyday, not like I got much else to do.
- (Have you ever considered getting more hands?)
- I see it this way, if I be the only one getting it done, them I'm also the only one gettin' recognition, wahahah.
- Casual talk
- When I am famous, other cities will beg me to visit.
- (What types of gifts do you like?)
- I'm very fond of fruits and vegetables.
- I hate sticky stuff, the very thought is giving me goosebumps right now! So don't give me anything sticky!
- (Your beard is really cool!)
- Wahaha, is it really? I've heard beards are sexy, so that's why I let it grow.
- (I admire your long term vision!)
- Well now! Let me tell you about my plans for a restaurant to get your food on the go!
- I never got why people want to do a big hotpot, gimme cheeseburgers and fries any day!
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral (+1) effect when given to McDonald.
- Gifts given on festival days and on McDonald's birthday will earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points, respectively, and will show a unique dialogue.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
- McDonald feels neutral about Animal Feces, unlike most who hate it
|Version 1.0.129395||Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
Gift values displayed on this chart are for the PC release of My Time at Portia and may not apply to the console releases.
The following items are desires, or wishes, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that McDonald has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value. Some NPCs may desire an item that they do not normally like.
The following items are desires, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that this NPC has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value.
McDonald can spar with the player up to three times per day.
Note that the level in the table below is McDonald's base level at the start of the game. McDonald's actual level can be higher because McDonald can level up over time.
|Player Lose|| |
McDonald can play RPS with the player up to three times per day.
Below is a gallery of McDonald's poses in group photos.
Occasionally, first thing in the morning, the player may leave their house to find McDonald outside, hoping to invite the player out for a date or play date.
Once the player has become buddies with McDonald, they can schedule a play date together.
If the player chooses to dine at The Round Table with McDonald during a play date or date, it is recommended to order dishes McDonald will like. If asked before ordering, McDonald will sometimes tell the player exactly which dishes to order; other times, McDonald will just give little hints. In the event that McDonald does not specify the exact foods desired, the player should order between three and six dishes, depending on what hint McDonald gives. It is recommended to order each of those dishes from different courses, ex. ordering one Appetizer, Meat, Vegetable, Dessert, and Drink course each, rather than five Desserts.
McDonald's food preferences are:
McDonald occasionally uses the Relic Pieces Exchange board at the Museum to trade for relic pieces. McDonald likes to look at particular completed relics, so after the player has donated such relics to the Museum or displayed them in their yard, McDonald may come visit the Museum or the player's yard to view these relics. Such visits will earn the player relationship points each time, with the amount dependent upon the relic.
- McDonald's Stable
- Old McDonald's stable was damaged by the storm, please collect some materials and repair it for him.
- McDonald may pay a tribute to the old nursery rhyme, "Old MacDonald Had a Farm", as the nursery rhyme talks about MacDonald owning various animals on a farm.
- His concept and background information may also stem from the largest fast food retailer in the world, McDonald's.
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Huss • Mali • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|