My Time at Portia is a simulation RPG game developed by Pathea Games and published by Team17. The game is inspired by Animal Crossing, Dark Cloud 2, Harvest Moon, and the works of Miyazaki. The primary feature of My Time at Portia is crafting objects in a workshop for commissions to improve the town of Portia.
My Time at Portia is currently officially released in English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese, with English and Chinese voiceovers available. Early Access was released on January 23, 2018 and the full game was released on January 15, 2019. A full list of the update patch notes can be found on the Changelist page.
My Time at Portia is set in a post-apocalyptic era in the world of Portia, where humans are few and relics of the past are scattered throughout. The game takes on the role of a workshop builder, bound to build items using relics for the betterment of society. The main goal of the game is to grow the workshop by creating, upgrading, expanding, and taking on commissions given by the citizens of Portia, while competing with other workshop builders.
While the primary goal of My Time at Portia is to develop the workshop, players can also traverse the world and visit abandoned ruins, fight monsters, and collect relics and materials. Additionally, players can complete missions for rewards and points to increase their workshop ranks. Players can also freely date most characters regardless of gender; the only characters ineligible for dating are elderly, children, pets, and creatures such as Papa Bear Abu.
Despite its workshop feature being the main focus, My Time at Portia also features farming and livestock raising as alternative gameplay options, although these features are not as in-depth as other farming simulations. Farming is done through the use of planter boxes that grow one type of seed for a number of days and are fertilized to allow for more growth. Livestock raising features the coop and the barn that hosts different types of animals.
Steam achievements and cardsEdit
Players who play My Time at Portia through Steam can gain Achievements and Steam Trading Cards, digital rewards for playing the game. Steam Trading Cards are awarded once the player starts the game, while achievements are earned throughout gameplay.
Many achievements are publicly shown on the Steam game library interface, though there are also many hidden achievements that are gained through special actions or interactions the player may choose to take.
- Main article: Kickstarter
Between September 11, 2017, through October 11, 2017, players could back the project through Kickstarter by pledging a certain amount of money to further the development of the game by expanding the development team and creating a much more detailed, vibrant world. The Kickstarter campaign's goal was to reach $100,000 by the end of October 11, 2017. To promote the campaign, stretch goals were added to provide incentives for pledging. Such goals would add livestock, the Portia Museum, and mounts. The campaign became successful and ended with $146,697 and 3,708 backers who helped reach that goal.
Prior to Alpha 3.0, a Kickstarter extension was posted that lasted between October 16, 2017, through midnight Eastern Standard Time on November 25, 2017. Additional stretch goals were added, such as more side quests, new areas, and downloadable content of the town of Sandrock [ verify ].
Early Access Edit
Until January 14, 2019, alpha versions of the game were available to play on Steam in Early Access for a low price, with various patches over time that added more content for players to experience. Some late-game content was withheld during production in anticipation of the full release.
Official release Edit
On January 15, 2019, 9pm CST, the PC version of the game was officially launched. The full version had an increase in price and various changes, including new characters, missions, features, a flying mount, and more. Within the first 26 hours of release, two hotfixes were released with bug fixes.
Further content, including more character development, added voiceover work, and more language support were promised soon.
- Main article: My Time at Portia (console version)
My Time at Portia released both physically and digitally on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on April 16, 2019. Due to manufacturing delays, however, the physical North American version has been delayed until May 16, 2019, though the North American digital version was released on April 16, like all digital versions. By pre-ordering the game, players could receive a thank-you letter in their Mailbox with a Special Gift Box attached, containing a Casual Jacket, Shredded Jeans, 5 Beef Jerky, 5 Rainbow Jam, a Winged Lion statue, a Goolo Goolo Clock furniture item, and a Coin Bag containing 500 Gols.
Certain aspects that are already available on PC, such as voiceovers and the game speed slider that affects time, are not included at launch. However, the speed slider is expected to be added in a patch after the game's initial release. Voiceover is currently not planned to be included.
The game controls for each game differ slightly depending on the console's controller.
Other games in the My Time seriesEdit
My Time at Sandrock is a confirmed game in development that is separate from My Time at Portia but set in the same universe. It does not yet have a definite release date.
Though not explicitly confirmed, it is possible that My Time at Sandrock may not be the only new game related to Portia in the future, as Pathea Games is open to the idea of expanding the universe and exploring its lore. One such possible game is My Time with Peach.
My Time At Portia received "mixed or average" reviews on Metacritic, getting a metascore of 71/100 on Nintendo Switch, 73/100 on both PC & Xbox One, and 75/100 on PS4. On whatoplay.com, it receives an aggregate score (playscore) of 8.25 on PC, 8.06 on PS4, 7.56 on Xbox One, and 7.27 on Nintendo Switch.
Pathea Games and Team 17 are both active on social media, and there are several places dedicated to My Time at Portia throughout the web. Both Pathea and Team 17 representatives can be found answering questions and concerns on the My Time at Portia Steam forum.
Official social media:
- Steam forum
- ↑ "My Time at Portia Early Access trailer". Pathea Games. 15 December 2017.
- ↑ "My Time At Portia has left early access and is out now on PC!". Lauren_Team17. 15 January 2019.
- ↑ Team 17 Discord. Micki_Team17: "We have no news on Mac just yet!" June 1, 2020. Retrieved June 1, 2020.
- ↑ Reddit AMA "Voiceover was a community activity for the PC Early Access version of My Time At Portia. We are investigating the possibility of adding new voice content to the console versions, but this will not be in the game at launch." mizbuttons, a.k.a. Lauren. 15 April 2019.
- ↑ https://steamcommunity.com/app/666140/discussions/0/1742260701258284079/#c1742260767351795822
- ↑ Developer zede05's response in the To Answer Some Questions Steam forum thread: "If we do other cities, it'll be in sequels. We plan to change up our game play a bit for each game in this world. We're really interested in doing My Time with Peach. :)" January 17, 2019.
- ↑ Metascore for My Time At Portia on Nintendo SwitchMetacritic, Retrieved March 27, 2020
- ↑ Metascore for My Time At Portia on PCMetacritic, Retrieved March 27, 2020
- ↑ Metascore for My Time At Portia on Xbox OneMetacritic, Retrieved March 27, 2020
- ↑ Metascore for My Time At Portia on PS4Metacritic, Retrieved March 27, 2020
- ↑ playscore for My Time At Portia on PCwhatoplay.com, Retrieved March 27, 2020
- ↑ playscore for My Time At Portia on PS4whatoplay.com, Retrieved March 27, 2020
- ↑ playscore for My Time At Portia on Xbox Onewhatoplay.com, Retrieved March 27, 2020
- ↑ playscore for My Time At Portia on Nintendo Switchwhatoplay.com, Retrieved March 27, 2020
|Games||My Time at Portia • My Time at Sandrock • My Time in Duvos (April Fools' joke)|
|Achievements • Changelist (PC) • Changelist (console) • Collaborations • DLC • Kickstarter • Pathea Games • Save files • Splash screens • Steam Trading Cards • Team17|
|Menu||Options • Input • Inventory|