|“||Where did he come from? Where is he going? What does he want? People always ask, but sometimes things are better left unexplained.||„|
The Mysterious Man is an unidentified human that always wears a mask to hide his identity. During the last two days of every season, he returns to Portia to sell his goods to the locals and enjoy the town. His most valuable selection is the Wedding Ring. The rest of the year, he travels the Alliance of Free Cities, selling his wares to the people he meets.
The Mysterious Man owns a shop in Portia, but the building is never open for business since he is always out traveling. The shop remains closed even while he visits the city, though he does sleep in his home within.
The Mysterious Man is a man of adventure, seeking rare items to sell to the locals of Portia once he returns to town on a monthly basis. He returns on Saturday of Day 27 and departs before the start of Monday of Day 1.
The Mysterious Man's store building is located near the Hazardous Ruins gate, except due to his absence, his store is never open for business. Even despite returning to Portia, he never opens his business as he usually wanders town during the day.
The Mysterious Man's identity is unknown, as he always wear a mask to hide his identity.
The Mysterious Man, despite hiding his identity behind a red and white panda-styled mask, can be seen to be a fair-skinned, thin man with yellow eyes and white hair covered by a brown and yellow baseball cap with strange writing on the front. He is wearing a long brown trenchcoat over a white shirt, purple pants and red shoes with yellow laces. He also has a small, blue wristwatch. He carries a very large ramshackle backpack made (apparently) of scavenged materials, which is holding a number of packages and mysterious items. From the way he pauses periodically to adjust the pack and breathe, it seems that this is a very heavy pack.
The Mysterious Man does not seem to have any close personal ties to anyone in particular, and his dealings with the player are purely for business.
The Mysterious Man can only be found the last weekend of every month, and can be tracked via the map.
He arrives in Portia Harbor the morning of every last Saturday (the 27th), and walks the same set route on both Saturday and Sunday (the 28th), before departing Portia on another adventure.
|7:00||Arrives at Portia Harbor|
|9:45||Continues walking down the road leading towards Peach Plaza, passing Sophie's Ranch|
|12:45||Arrives at the crossroad with the road leading to Amber Island, near the Player Character's house, and keeps his way to Peach Plaza|
|14:15||Circles clockwise around Peach Plaza, then takes the path towards Central Plaza|
|18:45||Arrives at Central Plaza|
|20:00||Takes the staircase between Total Tools and Portia School leading to his store|
|21:00||Arrives at his store; no longer available for the day|
The Mysterious Man does not gain any relationship points when socializing, cannot receive gifts, and is not registered in the social menu.
Chat is a basic social interaction. As a stranger, chatting with Mysterious Man does not increase his relationship points as Mysterious Man cannot be befriended; subsequent chatting, on the same day, only results in the same conversation.
|“||Hi, whatcha looking for? Everything's good here except for favors.||„|
The Mysterious Man sells rare goods in exchange for other items. However, not all items are available to all players at all times. The QQ-related items require the player to currently be married to Gust in order to appear, while Yoyo-related items are meant to appear only if the player is a Kickstarter backer.
- Main missions are listed in chronological order, based on the chronology list.
- Secondary missions are listed in alphabetical order.
- Major involvement is defined as being directly involved, is one of the main character, actively participates (such as following), or talks a majority of the time.
- Minor involvement is defined as indirect involvement, only assigned as a task (such as delivering a product to the character), gives a mission or rewards but does not continue involvement, or only talks a couple of times.
- Indented missions indicate succession of the previously listed mission. Further missions in its timeline are in chronological order.
- Legend of the Red Prince
- Gale seems down, I should see if he needs any help.
- Mysterious Seed
- Wait for the Mysterious Man to arrive in Portia, then ask him about the seeds for plants that can bear giants fruits.
- This mission triggers after The Secret of Planting and is one of Emily's missions. This mission causes the Mysterious Man to arrive in Portia the next day after The Secret of Planting, even if it is not the end of the season.
- Settling Down
- Help Albert propose to Sonia.
- While not involved, the Wedding Ring can only be purchased from the Mysterious Man.
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Albert Jr. • Alliance Soldiers • Cent • Han • Huss • Mali • Mason • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|