|“||Paulie was made fun of as a skinny kid when he was growing up in Portia. This pushed him to become enamored in building up his body to become the strongest man in the city. Not satisfied with that, he also opened a furniture shop, because that's the manly thing to do.||„|
Paulie was born on Winter of Day 25 in Portia. Growing up, he was always mocked for being skinny, causing him to build his body to become the strongest man in Portia. Eventually, he also founded Best Brother furniture store, claiming that it was the manly thing to do.
Paulie also runs the furniture store in Portia, called Best Brother.
Physical Appearance Edit
Paulie has a bandaid on above his left eye, blue eyes , a cross shaped scar on his right cheek, and a beard, his head is bald and his hair is a light brown color. He wears a t-shirt with a dark blue outline and light blue center and a red and blue shark logo, green cargo shorts and blue boots. He wears a bandage on his right arm. His shorts are held by a brown belt and his waist is wrapped with another belt. This belt is used to carry a pistol for self defense and his wood carving tools for furniture making as seen on his icon. Though no gun or tools are on his in game model.
When befriending Paulie, his relationship network with other NPCs will also be affected, resulting in the player receiving favor points from those NPCs as well.
His home is in the same building as his shop (behind the green door at the top of a small set of stairs, beside his shop window) and is open from 7:00 AM to 21:00 PM.
|18:30||Leaves Best Brother to arrive at Peach Plaza by 19:45.|
|19:45||Does curls and push-ups in Peach Plaza.|
|21:00||Leaves Peach Plaza to arrive at|
- Receive a 10% discount when consuming in the store
- Receive a 20% discount when consuming in the store
- Good Friend
- Receive a 25% discount when consuming in the store
- First meeting
- Welcome! Smallish builder! I sell furniture here in my store, so if you have any need for manly decors, you know where to find me.
- Once I said I wanted to be the strongest man in Portia, they all laughed. Then I said I wanted to run a furniture store, they laughed even more. But look who got the last laugh.
- You better be careful, I'll show no mercy.
- Let me show you my full power!
- Alright, let's go! Bring it!
- Come on, let's see what you got!
- Challenging me? I'm game!
- Okay...let's start!
- I admire your courage! Fine, I'll play with you.
- Already starting? I was going to do some stretching.
- Let's rumble!
- Hahah, What do you think of me now?
- You're not hurt are you? Don't worry about it, practice makes perfect.
- Haha, that was super fun! You are pretty good!
- Of course I was going to win! You underestimated me!
- You're far too weak.
- Humph, go home and practice more.
- Alright, I win!
- So you're only so-so.
- Ah, I got some bruises from that.
- Never imagined I could lose.
- Oh, defeat...
- I'm getting a little tired...
- You are the most powerful opponent I've ever met!
- I lost...
- Ah, ow, ow, ow!
- Why are you so strong?
- I'm going for the win next time.
- You won, be proud of it!
- Mercy, mercy!
- What a pity! I will not lose next time!
- That was awful, I'll remember this!
- Mission: Assemble Dee Dee Transport: I still think it's more manly to walk. I don't trust a piece of machine welded together with relics from the past...no offense to you.
- Talk about favorite foods
- I'm eating less salty things now per the good doctor's advice.
- The Portia Hot Pot is really good, it's got some unique seasonings found only in this city. Wanna try it?
- I don't drink Red Tea because I can't sleep after that.
- Ask about work
- (How's the business going?)
- Not bad, most of the folks in Portia recognize the quality of my furniture, so I get plenty of orders!
- (What's it like making furniture?)
- It helps me make money, it's simple, and it lets me exercise! What's not to like?
- Casual talk
- I've been around alright, Sandrock, Tallsky, Walnut Groove, you name it. But the most manly place is still here... no, no, not Portia. Inside my heart!
- (What types of gifts do you like?)
- That's a manly question! I, of course, would be interested in strong crafting material for my shop.
- (What types of gifts do you like?)
- As manly as I am, don't give me any clocks, the sound of the clock ticking drives me insane!
- (You must be insanely strong!)
- Yes I am! I have this workout regime, even got Mars to join in.
- (You have a very useful store!)
- Yeah, people don't mention that too often. They think I'm a muscle brain and that's all I got.
- Winter Solstice
- If you want to be manly, you've got to stuff this spicy stuff in your mouth and chew slowly! Wahaha! Ohhh...hot, hot!
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral (+1) effect when given to Paulie.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Paulie's birthday will earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points, respectively, and will show a unique dialogue.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
- Paulie likes Hardwood, unlike most who dislike it
- Paulie feels neutral about Wood and Caterpillar, unlike most who dislike them
|Version 1.0.129395||Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
Gift values displayed on this chart are for the PC release of My Time at Portia and may not apply to the console releases.
The following items are desires, or wishes, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that Paulie has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value. Some NPCs may desire an item that they do not normally like. The following items are desires, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that this NPC has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value.
Paulie can spar with the player up to three times per day.
Note that the level in the table below is Paulie's base level at the start of the game. Paulie's actual level can be higher because Paulie can level up over time.
|Player Lose|| |
Paulie can play RPS with the player up to three times per day.
Below is a gallery of Paulie's poses in group photos.
Occasionally, first thing in the morning, the player may leave their house to find Paulie outside, hoping to invite the player out for a date or play date.
Once the player has become buddies with Paulie, they can schedule a play date together.
After the player has successfully confessed how they feel to Paulie, the player can schedule a romantic date with Paulie.
If the player chooses to dine at The Round Table with Paulie during a play date or date, it is recommended to order dishes Paulie will like. If asked before ordering, Paulie will sometimes tell the player exactly which dishes to order; other times, Paulie will just give little hints. In the event that Paulie does not specify the exact foods desired, the player should order between three and six dishes, depending on what hint Paulie gives. It is recommended to order each of those dishes from different courses, ex. ordering one Appetizer, Meat, Vegetable, Dessert, and Drink course each, rather than five Desserts.
Paulie's food preferences are:
As the player develops their relationship with Paulie, special interactions are unlocked, including Hug and Kiss.
- A Time for Manly Tea
- Help the injured Paulie make 3 Tea Tables.
- Furniture Maker
- Paulie has commissioned you to make some Copper Blades, you'll need to assemble a Grinder in your homestead to make them.
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Huss • Mali • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|