Depending on his health, he will use one of his 4 attacks:
- Melee, quick strike with the scepter
- Melee, sequence of a propeller stroke then a slow but powerful stroke of septre
- Halfway, belly shot
- Ranged, throws his propeller around him like a boomerang
On death, drops :
|Worn Fur||Leather||Copper Pipe||Topaz|
- Use Inventory Screen to heal and apply buffs. Although you can assign the items to the item bar, having to switch between food and weapons while fighting can be confusing and will waste time. Default key for inventory is " i "
- Stay Close. The Rat King, unlike Chemical Dropout, seems to have a spot right under his belly and by his feet where some of his attacks can't hit (please confirm with current build). He also turns slowly.
- Dodge Some Attacks. Some attacks deal more damage than others (the propeller combo is the worst, but at least it is slow). Figure out which attack or attacks are most damaging and dodge those. Some attacks may take two dodge rolls to completely avoid
- Bring Good Weapons, Clothes, and Accessories. Lion's Claw is strongly recommended due to it's ability to stun. Three Sunglasses as Accessories increases your Critical Chance by 30%.
- Bring Enough Good Consumables. Sweet Caviar, Golden Radish Soup or Dried Apple Slice, and Bubblefish Stew are ideal.
- Maximize your critical chance. With a potential +30% from accessories, a +35% from food, +20% from being best friends with Arlo, you will have an 85% chance to land a Critical Hit with just boosts.
- See Tips and Tricks: Rat King for more detailed information
- If you die once while trying to defeat the Rat King, you will have an option to exit.
- You can exit and re-enter unlimited times. Once you re-enter, instead of turning left to where Rat King is, go to the right and open the three treasure chests for unlimited Nitre, Data Disc, Power Stone, and Enhanced Iron Sword (Book) (worth 50)
- It is possible to get enough animal skeletons at this point in the story to make the Enhanced Iron Sword by buying Lucky Sacks from the Mysterious Man to obtain the required amount of Animal Skeletons, albeit potentially expensive. Another way is to use the Lion's Claw's teleportation glitch.
- Following the tips and tricks mentioned above can potentially give you 1000-2200 damage in a combo at level 21
- You can use Acupuncture to reset your skills both before and after the fight. This is useful when the fight is difficult.