Russo is a resident of Portia with whom the player can develop a friendship. He is Mayor Gale's devoted butler. According to him, Gale helped him when no one else would, and he believes he owes the man a life debt. He is a loyal and kind man who has dedicated his life to serving Gale's family.
As a butler, Russo goes out to gather groceries for Gale's family. When he and Gale are not working, they often wander the city or go fishing.
Russo fought in the war between the Alliance of Free Cities and the Empire of Duvos, he was wounded and saved by Gale during the Battle of Ishtara. After the war, Russo came to Portia to help Gale any way he could to repay the life debt. When Gale's wife passed away, Russo became Gale's butler to look after his friend's kids, especially Ginger.
Russo was born on Spring of Day 14. When he was young, he fought in the war against the Empire of Duvos. Injured during the Battle of Ishtara, Gale helped Russo. After the war, Russo went to Portia to repay Gale for saving his life. Now, Russo works as Gale's butler.
He wears glasses, an orange checkered shirt, brown suspenders, and blue jeans. His head umbrella is green with a lighter green band.
Russo doesn't have biological family in Portia, but he treats his Best Friend Gale's family as if they were his own flesh and blood. Gale saved his life in the war against Duvos; to repay that life debt, when Liza died, he chose to become Gale's butler to help take care of his family. He cares for Gale's children, Ginger and Gust, as a part of his duties.
When befriending Russo, his relationship network with other NPCs will also be affected, resulting in the player receiving favor points from those NPCs as well. Note: Ginger and Gust are not a part of Russo's relationship network.
On Saturdays: 9:00 - 19:00 Fishing south of Central Plaza / 19:00 - 00:00 Relaxing in The Round Table
|18:45||Relaxes at The Round Table, wandering around the restaurant and Django's Gaming Hall.|
|0:00||Leaves The Round Table to arrive at Gale's home by 1:30. He walks through Peach Plaza, through the park, and up the switchback ramp.|
|1:30||Enters Gale's home for the night.|
Developing a friendly relationship with Russo unlocks new dialogue that reveals more about Russo and gives you access to special relationship perks.
- First meeting
- You better be careful, I'll show no mercy.
- Let me show you my full power!
- Alright, let's go! Bring it!
- Come on, let's see what you got!
- Challenging me? I'm game!
- Okay...let's start!
- I admire your courage! Fine, I'll play with you.
- Already starting? I was going to do some stretching.
- Let's rumble!
- Hahah, What do you think of me now?
- You're not hurt are you? Don't worry about it, practice makes perfect.
- Haha, that was super fun! You are pretty good!
- Of course I was going to win! You underestimated me!
- You're far too weak.
- Humph, go home and practice more.
- Alright, I win!
- So you're only so-so.
- Ah, I got some bruises from that.
- Never imagined I could lose.
- Oh, defeat...
- I'm getting a little tired...
- You are the most powerful opponent I've ever met!
- I lost...
- Ah, ow, ow, ow!
- Why are you so strong?
- I'm going for the win next time.
- You won, be proud of it!
- Mercy, mercy!
- What a pity! I will not lose next time!
- That was awful, I'll remember this!
- Talk about favorite foods
- I always order lots of meat! Just because, haha!
- I like to eat meat, doesn't matter if its fried, BBQed, or something else.
- Ask about work
- (Is it hard to take care of Ginger?)
- No, absolutely not. Ms. Ginger has been dealing with her health problems for a while, but she's always cheerful and optimistic. I take pride in taking care of her where I can.
- (What's it like to be a butler?)
- I owe Gale a life debt, so anything I can do to help his family, I will. Being a butler isn't so bad, Gale is very generous when it comes to my wages.
- Casual talk
- The farthest that I've ever traveled was to the Duvos town of Ishtara during the war. Gale was there with me. The good ol' days.
- (What types of gifts do you like?)
- Something that I'd like huh? Well, I do like intricate small furnishings.
- I tell you what I don't like, never give me any vegetables!
- (It must be hard to manage the Mayor's house.)
- I've been here a long time. They're family now.
- (You look so serious.)
- I'm old but I workout everyday. A habit I picked up when I was in the military.
- Django never shows off the recipe for this dish, or I'd try to make it at home.
Giving gifts to Russo affects your relationship.
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral effect when given to Russo.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Russo's birthday earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points respectively and show a unique dialogue.
|Version 1.0.129395||Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.|
The following items are desires, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that this NPC has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value. The following items are desires, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that this NPC has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value.
Occasionally, first thing in the morning, you may leave your house to find Russo outside, hoping to invite you out for a date.
Once you have become buddies with Russo, you can schedule a play date together.
If you choose to dine at The Round Table with Russo during a date, be sure to order dishes they will like. Sometimes, if you ask them before ordering, they will tell you exactly which dishes to order; other times, they will just give little hints. In any event, Russo's food preferences are:
Russo occasionally uses the Relic Pieces Exchange board at the Museum to trade for relic pieces. Russo also visits the museum occasionally and likes to look at particular exhibits (after you have donated them to the Museum).