Saint's Headgear can be obtained from a special treasure chest in the Somber Marsh along with the rest of Saint's clothing set. The chest is hidden behind the unique breakable rock that spawns after the player receives a letter from Sam containing the Treasure Map leading to the chest's location.
I found a "treasure" map when I was doing my patrols in a ruin today. Not sure what it is, maybe it's just a prank? You can go check it out if you want, since I'm busy patrolling.
Once the player receives the map they can follow it to find a rock in the Somber March across the river from the Deepest Ruin. The rock is extremely durable: it has 60,000 HP and might take more than one full Stamina bar's worth of energy to break. Breaking the rock has a chance to drop some Marble, Nitre, Rock Salt, Blood Stones, or Rubies and reveals a chest containing the Saint's clothing set.
- The rock and the chest will not spawn until the player receives Sam's letter.
- As of version 2.0.136413, Saint's Headgear has the highest stats of all clothing available in the game. Saint's Headgear cannot be revised, but can be used as a stat source for revising other clothing items of the same type.
- An announcement from the developers on April 26, 2019 referred to this outfit as the Monkey King outfit, inspired by the Monkey King (Sun Wukong) in the Chinese classic novel, Journey to the West. The outfit also includes the Jingu Bang staff, used by the Monkey King in the same novel.
- The headgear is likely inspired by the phoenix-feather cap (鳳翅紫金冠 Fèngchìzǐjinguān) appearing in Journey to the West. In the novel, the phoenix-feather cap was one of the treasures of the dragon kings, a circlet of red gold adorned with phoenix feathers. Traditionally it is depicted as a metal circlet with two striped feathers attached to the front, presumably the signature plumage of the fenghuang or Chinese phoenix. A similar headgear is worn by Monkey King in Uproar in Heaven, a 1960s Chinese cartoon.
- 2.0.137299: Added ability to sell or discard the Monkey King clothing set.
- 2.0.136413: Added treasure map. Outfit made available to the player after they get the treasure map. Added outfit model.
- 2.0.133926: Introduced as unobtainable clothing item in the game's database.