|“||Sam was always a tomboy, even during her younger days growing up in Portia. She was feared by all the boys her age. Due to her father's involvement in the war with Duvos, Sam always wanted to enlist in the Civil Corps to protect her city. Rumor has it she fought Arlo to a stand still during her Civil Corps test.||„|
Sam was born on the 23rd Day of Autumn. She is an easygoing tomboy and is tough in a fight.
In the PC version, Sam has a horse named Teddy and is often seen riding him around while on patrol. The Civil Corps' horses are not named in console versions yet.
Sam wears a pink aviator hat with white fur trim, oversized brown and orange goggles, pink eye shadow, a bomber jacket to match her hat, a yellow asymmetrical shirt with orange stripes, black fingerless gloves with green trim, and green pants. She wears a pink boxing glove with three stars on it from a belt around her waist, and also carries around a white and blue satchel.
When befriending Sam, her relationship network with other NPCs will also be affected, resulting in the player receiving favor points with those NPCs as well.
During in-game dialogue, Sam often states that Phyllis is her best friend. However, they are not part of each other's relationship network and relationship changes with Sam will not affect Phyllis, nor vice versa.
Below is her generic schedule. Certain events may alter her schedule, such as conversing with the character, missions, special events, or other distractions. All times listed are estimates, unless otherwise noted.
At the end of the day, she returns to her home, which is in the center of town, near the park. It is open from 7:00 AM to 21:00 PM.
|8:00||Running Training with Arlo,Remington, and Paulie, at ramp in front of the Civil Corps building.|
|10:00||Finishes Training,And begins patrolling on the bridge arches between The Round Table and Martha's Bakery.|
|14:30||Begins wandering over to Dr. Xu's Clinic.|
|17:30||Arrives at Dr. Xu's Clinic and heads inside]]|
|18:00||Leaves Dr. Xu's Clinic.|
|21:00||Arrives by The Round Table, turns around and heads home|
|8:00||Gets On Horse and starts down the ramp from the Civil Corps building.|
|9:00||Reaches bottom of stairs at Central Plaza and leaves town through the gate.|
|10:30||Arrives by the river|
|11:00||Begins patrolling river.|
|13:30||Stops patrolling and walks towards Peach Plaza.|
|17:30||Visits the park|
|18:15||Enters The Round Table. She spends her time wandering around the restaurant and Django's Gaming Hall.|
|0:15||Leaves The Round Table and walks home, going through the park, up the stairs, and next to Gale's home.|
|2:00||Enters her home.|
Upon reaching Friend status at four full hearts, the player can confess their love to her with a Heart Knot. If the confession is successful, her relationship status changes to Girlfriend. After Sam has become the player's girlfriend, upon reaching Lover status at eight full hearts, the player can then propose to her with a Wedding Ring. If the proposal is successful, her relationship status changes to Wife. Once certain other conditions have been met, Sam and the player can then try for children.
Additionally, upon meeting certain relationship levels, certain perks are rewarded.
- Add an extra 5% Resilience.
- Wife +
- Commissions at the Civil Corps take less time to complete. The perk reduces the time Civil Corps take to complete commissions by 50% and is active regardless of the character who accepted the commission. [ verify ]
Chat is a basic social interaction available at any relationship level. Chatting with Sam once a day can increase her relationship by 1 point, or 2 points with the Smooth Talk skill; subsequent chatting, on the same day, only results in the same conversation without any relationship gain.
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral (+1) effect when given to Sam.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Sam's birthday will earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points, respectively, and will show a unique dialogue.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.
- Sam doesn't care for Ruby, Sapphire, Topaz, or Asteria (Bouquet), unlike most
|Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.|
The following items are desires, or wishes, which are randomly assigned to one or two characters per week. The player is required to be at least at Associate level with Sam for her to be assigned a desire. More desires have a chance to appear as the player's friendship with Sam progresses; the new desires are added to the existing ones but do not replace them. Some characters may desire an item that they do not normally like.
In the event that Sam has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value. The birthday or festival day relationship bonus applies when gifting a desired item.
|Minimum Relationship Level||Possible Desires
Waist Pack (+20)
Sam can spar with the player up to three times per day.
Note that the level in the table below is Sam's base level at the start of the game. Sam's actual level can be higher because Sam will level up over time.
|Player Lose|| |
| Gols (1-10)|
|Group Photo →|
Sam can partake in group photos with the player after reaching the Associate level.
- More poses are unlocked by reaching higher relationship levels.
- Romance poses are unlocked by becoming partners.
- The "Photographer" skill can fully unlock all poses, regardless of relationship or romantic level.
- All poses can be viewed in Sam's Gallery page.
Occasionally, first thing in the morning, the player may leave their house to find Sam outside, hoping to invite the player out for a date or play date.
Once the player has become buddies with Sam, they can schedule a play date together.
After the player has successfully confessed how they feel to Sam, the player can schedule a romantic date with Sam.
If the player chooses to dine at The Round Table with Sam during a play date or date, it is recommended to order dishes Sam will like. If asked before ordering, Sam will sometimes tell the player exactly which dishes to order; other times, Sam will just give little hints. In the event that Sam does not specify the exact foods desired, the player should order between three and six dishes, depending on what hint Sam gives. It is recommended to order each of those dishes from different courses, ex. ordering one Appetizer, Meat, Vegetable, Dessert, and Drink course each, rather than five Desserts.
Sam's food preferences are:
|Banner Fish Salad||N/A|
|Bamboo Papaya and Seafood with Rice|
Pumpkin Steamed Rice
Baked Rice with Coconut Chicken
Baked Rice with Chicken Curry
Highwind Fried Rice
Stewed Rice Meat Supreme
|Spicy and Sour Potato||N/A|
|Twin Colored Pudding|
|Milk Scented Tea||Bitter Melon Mix|
As the player develops their relationship with Sam, special interactions are unlocked, including Hug and Kiss.
Relic tradeEditSam occasionally uses the Relic Pieces Exchange board at the Museum to trade for relic pieces. Sam likes to look at particular completed relics, so after the player has donated such relics to the Museum or displayed them in their yard, Sam may come visit the Museum or the player's yard to view these relics. Such visits will earn the player relationship points each time, with the amount dependent upon the relic.
- Main missions are listed in chronological order, based on the chronology list.
- Secondary missions are listed in alphabetical order.
- Indented missions indicate succession of the previously listed mission. Further missions in its timeline are in chronological order.
- Hazardous Ruins
- The Hazardous Ruins are dangerous, and the Civil Corps regulates who can enter. You must last at least one minute against one of the three current Civil Corps members (Sam, Arlo, Remington) to show that you've got what it takes to enter the ruins.
- The Debt Collectors
- The Debt Collector's Agency from Atara sent a couple of agents to inform you that your father owed them some debt.
- The Poisoned Water
- The Civil Corps has asked you to fix a pipe beyond the Bassanio Falls to stop the leakage of goo into the Portia River.
- Rescue in Ingall's Mine
- Remington's waiting at the entrance to Ingall's Mine. Enter the mine when you're ready.
- The Theft
- The Locator Computer brought back to the Research Center has been stolen.
- A Mysterious Lunch Fairy
- Someone put some healthy food in Sam's lunch. She wants to know who did it. Help her investigate.
- Medicine Deliver
- Help Phyllis deliver some medicine to clients.
- Phyllis' Dream
- Check out the empty house Sam was talking about in South Block.
- This is Phyllis' romance mission.
- Sparring Buddies
- Sam wants to train. Spar with her!
- The Lucky Charm
- A very important item belonging to Sam was lost in the WoW Industries ruins. Join Sam and help her search for it.
- The Missing Boxing Gloves
- Sam lost her boxing gloves during a patrol in around Central Plaza. Help her find it.
- Time To Get Serious
- Talk to Phyllis' friends to find out why she refused to marry you.
- This is Phyllis' romance mission.
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Albert Jr. • Alliance Soldiers • Huss • Mali • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|