Scraps is an animal resident of Portia with whom the player can develop a friendship. He is a stray dog who isn't present at the start of the game because he has run away. "Missing" posters with his picture can be found hanging in the town.
A starving stray dog, they named him 'Scraps'. You can feed him anything. Low maintenance.
He has been known to leave town in search of food.
Scraps is a medium dog with orange fur, wide eyes, perky ears, a fluffy tail, and short legs. His belly, feet, and muzzle are white, and there is a diamond-shaped patch of white fur on his forehead. He has a tendency to keep his tongue out.
Scraps is not inherently related to any characters due to being a stray dog and as such, has no relationship network. However, given what some townspeople say about him, he is definitely closer to those that are inclined to give him food.
Developing a friendly relationship with Scraps unlocks new dialogue that reveals more about Scraps and gives you access to special relationship perks.
- After completing a specific mission, he will stay in your home and treat you as the only person he can rely on.
- First meeting
- Woof woof!
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral (+1) effect when given to Scraps.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Scraps's birthday will earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points, respectively, and will show a unique dialogue.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.
- Scraps likes Animal Feces, unlike most NPCs who dislike or hate it
- Scraps feels neutral about all universal loves, likes, dislikes, and hates (except Animal Feces)
Bamboo Papaya with Egg-on-Top
Classic Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Crispy Salmon with Sauce
Delicious Roasted Ribs
Dried Apple Slice
Fried Rice with Radish
Meat and Mushrooms Stew
Meatballs and Vegetable Soup
Mushroom Crepe with Fruit Sauce
Pepper-delight Beef Burger
Roasted Pork with Honey
Salty Grilled Catfish
Steamed Potato Fruit
|Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.
Gift values displayed on this chart are for the PC release of My Time at Portia and may not apply to the console releases.
As the player develops their relationship with Scraps, they unlock special interactions, including Pet and Hug. These are unlocked at the "Familiar" level (2 stars), and can be performed up to 3 times a day for +1 relationship point each time.
- Main missions are listed in chronological order, based on the chronology list.
- Secondary missions are listed in alphabetical order.
- Indented missions indicate succession of the previously listed mission. Further missions in its timeline are in chronological order.
- The Missing Boxing Gloves
- Sam lost her boxing gloves during a patrol in around Central Plaza. Help her find it.
|Dog House for Scraps to sleep in; can be set indoors or outdoors; can be dyed|
|Dog Tag can be gifted to rename him, if he already lives with the player|
|Abandon Tag can be gifted to disown him, if he already lives with the player|
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Albert Jr. • Huss • Mali • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|