|“||A starving stray dog, they named him 'Scraps'. You can feed him anything. Low maintenance.||„|
|— In-game biography|
Scraps is an animal resident of Portia with whom the player can develop a friendship. He is a stray dog who isn't present at the start of My Time at Portia because he has run away. "Missing" posters with his picture can be found hanging on walls around town.
Once Familiar status (2 stars) with him has been reached, a new mission, Feeling Safe, will trigger that enables the player to adopt him by crafting a Bell Collar with Carol's help and gifting it to him. There is no limit on how many pets the player can have.
Scraps is a friendly, good-tempered dog, but has a mischievous side that shows on rare occasions. He dislikes few things but adores food, and enjoys meat-centric dishes from both land and sea as well as Apples and Aroma Apples.
He prefers to walk rather than run, and will walk long distances daily for the sake of finding potential food. He has been known to leave town in search of food.
Scraps is a medium dog with orange fur, wide, alert eyes, perky ears, a fluffy tail, and short legs. His belly, feet, and muzzle are white, and there is a diamond-shaped patch of white fur on his forehead. He has a tendency to keep his tongue out.
It is currently unknown if he is based on a specific breed of dog. [ verify ]
Scraps is not inherently related to any characters due to being a stray dog, and as such, has no relationship network. However, given what some townspeople say about him, he is definitely closer to those that are inclined to give him food (namely Polly, Django, and Martha [ verify ]).
Before unlocking him, Scraps cannot be found in town at all.
After he has been unlocked, if the player has not adopted him, Scraps will wander around town during the day. In the afternoon, he walks along Main Street, visiting The Round Table and Martha's Bakery to beg for food.
If the player has adopted him, he will instead start the day at the player's house. If a Dog House is placed, he will walk to the Dog House in the morning to nap. Throughout [ verify ] the day, he may play with any toy that the player has placed in the house. In the afternoon, he will take up his search along Main Street for food. At the end of the day, he will return to the player's house to go to sleep.
|12:00||Arrives at The Round Table|
Developing a friendly relationship with Scraps unlocks new dialogue that reveals more about Scraps and gives the player access to special relationship perks.
- After completing a specific mission, he will stay in your home and treat you as the only person he can rely on.
Chat is a basic social interaction available at any relationship level. Chatting with Scraps once a day can increase his relationship by 1 point, or 2 points with the Smooth Talk skill; subsequent chatting, on the same day, only results in the same conversation without any relationship gain.
GiftEditGiving gifts to Scraps affects the player's relationship with Scraps. Every character has unique gift preferences.
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral (+1) effect when given to Scraps.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Scraps's birthday will earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points, respectively, and will show a unique dialogue.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.
- Scraps likes Animal Feces, unlike most NPCs who dislike or hate it
- Scraps feels neutral about all universal loves, likes, dislikes, and hates (except Animal Feces)
Bamboo Papaya with Egg-on-Top
Classic Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Crispy Salmon with Sauce
Delicious Roasted Ribs
Dried Apple Slice
Fried Rice with Radish
Meat and Mushrooms Stew
Meatballs and Vegetable Soup
|Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.|
|Group Photo →|
Scraps can partake in group photos with the player after reaching the Associate level.
- More poses are unlocked by reaching higher relationship levels.
- The "Photographer" skill can fully unlock all poses, regardless of relationship or romantic level.
- All poses can be viewed in Scraps's Gallery page.
As the player develops their relationship with Scraps, they unlock special interactions, including Pet and Hug. These are unlocked at the "Familiar" level (2 stars), and can be performed up to 3 times a day for +1 relationship point each time.
- Main missions are listed in chronological order, based on the chronology list.
- Secondary missions are listed in alphabetical order.
- Indented missions indicate succession of the previously listed mission. Further missions in its timeline are in chronological order.
- The Missing Boxing Gloves
- Sam lost her boxing gloves during a patrol in around Central Plaza. Help her find it.
|Dog House||Dog House for Scraps to sleep in; can be set indoors or outdoors; can be dyed|
|Dog Tag||Dog Tag can be gifted to rename him, if he already lives with the player|
|Abandon Tag||Abandon Tag can be gifted to disown him, if he already lives with the player|
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Albert Jr. • Alliance Soldiers • Cent • Han • Huss • Mali • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|