Toby is a child living in Portia. He is the young adventurous son of Martha. He has a knack both causing mischief and for getting himself into trouble.
The son of Martha, Toby has a brave and adventurous spirit. He's always trying to live up to his father's shadow, a region-famous adventurer. It is Toby's dream to one day explore the unknown regions beyond The Periphery.
Toby was born on Autumn of Day 28 and is the son of Martha. Toby is one of the few school children of Portia, known to cause trouble and has a tendency to show up late. His mother, Martha, worries that he might follow in his father's footsteps. When he grows older, Toby wants to explore unknown regions beyond the Peripheries.
Toby lives with his mother, Martha. His father (unnamed) is deceased. He is Friends with Jack, his schoolmate, and Django, his sparring partner. They can sometimes be seen practicing sword techniques in front of The Round Table. Toby also looks up to Arlo and his adventures in the ruins.
When befriending Toby, his relationship network with other NPCs will also be affected, resulting in the player receiving favor points from those NPCs as well. Note: Arlo is not a part of Toby's relationship network.
|9:30||Enters Portia School and sits at a desk to listen to the lesson.|
|15:30||Leaves Portia School to arrive at|
|22:30||Kicks the door to his home and enters for the night.|
- First meeting
- Mission: The Broken Clock: Wait, wait, the clock's broken?! That means I have another excuse the next time I'm late to school! Ahaha.
- Mission: Sophie's Basket: I was thinking of getting some apples with that basket, but I kinda accidentally tossed it onto the roof. I was going to give it back to Granny Sophie, I swear!
- Mission: Toby's Apples: Did you get any apples?
- Talk about favorite foods
- I can eat ice cream no matter which season it is.
- I really hate eating anything sour, gives me a toothache.
- Ask about work
- I'm a kid! I don't work! Stupid.
- Casual talk
- I read my Pa's journal a few times, it's full of wild tales. I started my own journal recently, maybe it'll contain even better tales than his!
- (What type of gifts do you like?)
- I like anything sweet! Can you guess which ones?
- I really like spicy things, but my Mom tells me they're bad for me.
- (For someone your age, you're pretty good with a blade.)
- Of course I am! I'm the only apprentice of master Django.
- (I feel you're ready for your big adventure!)
- You bet I am!
- I love hotpot! Yes!
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral (+1) effect when given to Toby.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Toby's birthday will earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points, respectively, and will show a unique dialogue.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.
|Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.
Gift values displayed on this chart are for the PC release of My Time at Portia and may not apply to the console releases.
The following items are desires, or wishes, which are randomly assigned to one or two characters per week. The player is required to be at least at Associate level with Toby for him to be assigned a desire. More desires have a chance to appear as the player's friendship with Toby progresses; the new desires are added to the existing ones but do not replace them. Some characters may desire an item that they do not normally like.
In the event that Toby has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value. The birthday or festival day relationship bonus applies when gifting a desired item.
|Minimum Relationship Level||Possible Desires
Below is a gallery of Toby's poses in group photos.
If the player chooses to dine at The Round Table with Toby during a play date or date, it is recommended to order dishes Toby will like. If asked before ordering, Toby will sometimes tell the player exactly which dishes to order; other times, Toby will just give little hints. In the event that Toby does not specify the exact foods desired, the player should order between three and six dishes, depending on what hint Toby gives. It is recommended to order each of those dishes from different courses, ex. ordering one Appetizer, Meat, Vegetable, Dessert, and Drink course each, rather than five Desserts.
Toby's food preferences are:
Toby occasionally uses the Relic Pieces Exchange board at the Museum to trade for relic pieces. Toby likes to look at particular completed relics, so after the player has donated such relics to the Museum or displayed them in their yard, Toby may come visit the Museum or the player's yard to view these relics. Such visits will earn the player relationship points each time, with the amount dependent upon the relic.
- Main missions are listed in chronological order, based on the chronology list.
- Secondary missions are listed in alphabetical order.
- Indented missions indicate succession of the previously listed mission. Further missions in its timeline are in chronological order.
- Toby's Apples
- Toby wants some apples, but doesn't have enough strength to knock them down, help him to get some.
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Albert Jr. • Huss • Mali • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|