|“||A local fisherman, Tody has always lived in Portia Harbor. His family has prowled the seas of Portia since its founding. Tody enjoys peace and quiet and mostly keeps to himself. He's very much against Gale's plan to expand the harbor.||„|
Tody was born on Winter of Day 8 in Portia. All his life, he has lived in Portia Harbor since his family prowled the seas of Portia since its founding. He became a professional fisherman and often sells his catches to the local restaurant, The Round Table. He is against Gale's plan to expand the harbor.
He doesn't have any real connections in town, but he is dedicated to Portia and its wellbeing, particularly its environmental wellbeing.
Birthday (no rain)
- 12:00-13:00: running to/inside Amber Island to stand near the water.
- 15:00-17:00: fishing on near side of Amber Island
At the end of the day, he returns home, which is located near the harbor. His home is marked on the map as open from 7:00 AM to 21:00 PM but cannot be entered by the player.
This schedule has been tested on a Thursday with sunny weather.
|19:45||Enters The Round Table. He spends his time relaxing and wandering around the restaurant and Django's Gaming Hall.|
|0:00||Leaves The Round Table and runs home by way of Peach Plaza and the path toward the ocean.|
Upon reaching Friend status at four full hearts, the player can confess their love to him with a Heart Knot. If the confession is successful, his relationship status changes to Boyfriend. After Tody has become the player's boyfriend, upon reaching Lover status at eight full hearts, the player can then propose to him with a Wedding Ring. If the proposal is successful, his relationship status changes to Husband. Once certain other conditions have been met, Tody and the player can then try for children.
Additionally, upon meeting certain relationship levels, certain perks are rewarded.
- Husband +
- A chance at receiving gifts first thing in the morning
- First meeting
- Hey, I'm Tody. You're the new Builder, right? It's always nice to have more Builders.
- That Starlight Island you see out there on the horizon is a great place to fish. I use to fish there all day when we still had a working boat that could go out that way.
- Got some great catches today. I highly recommend the peacock shrimp, fresh and delicious!
- You better be careful, I'll show no mercy.
- Let me show you my full power!
- Alright, let's go! Bring it!
- Come on, let's see what you got!
- Challenging me? I'm game!
- Okay...let's start!
- I admire your courage! Fine, I'll play with you.
- Already starting? I was going to do some stretching.
- Let's rumble!
- Hahah, What do you think of me now?
- You're not hurt are you? Don't worry about it, practice makes perfect.
- Haha, that was super fun! You are pretty good!
- Of course I was going to win! You underestimated me!
- You're far too weak.
- Humph, go home and practice more.
- Alright, I win!
- So you're only so-so.
- Ah, I got some bruises from that.
- Never imagined I could lose.
- Oh, defeat...
- I'm getting a little tired...
- You are the most powerful opponent I've ever met!
- I lost...
- Ah, ow, ow, ow!
- Why are you so strong?
- I'm going for the win next time.
- You won, be proud of it!
- Mercy, mercy!
- What a pity! I will not lose next time!
- That was awful, I'll remember this!
- Talk about favorite foods
- The seafood here is great! Always satisfying.
- I know people say the Holly Tea is good for the body and mind, but wow is it bitter! I just can't take it!
- Ask about work
- I'm a big provider of fish for our town, so I'm always busy from dawn until dusk.
- Casual talk
- I don't have any savings, I can't go anywhere.
- (Folks around Portia are very fond of your seafood products.)
- Hehe, fishing's pretty much my only skill though.
- (Folks around Portia are very fond of your seafood products.)
- I try to please! I have to do a good job anyway since it's my livelihood.
- (Are you and Qiwa competitors?)
- We're not, not really. Qiwa is an amateur, I'm a professional, it's not a fair comparison. It's like comparing a grape to a grapefruit.
- Take care, don't overwork yourself.
- Let's head out and have some fun!
- I'm so glad you're in my life!
- Winter Solstice
- Happy Solstice to you!
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral (+1) effect when given to Tody.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Tody's birthday will earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points, respectively, and will show a unique dialogue.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
- Tody feels neutral toward Caterpillar, Wood, and Hardwood, unlike most who dislike it
- Tody feels neutral toward Asteria (Bouquet), Ruby, and Sapphire, unlike most who like them
- Tody likes Power Stone slightly less than most
|Version 1.0.129395||Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
Gift values displayed on this chart are for the PC release of My Time at Portia and may not apply to the console releases.
The following items are desires, or wishes, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that Tody has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value. Some NPCs may desire an item that they do not normally like. The following items are desires, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that this NPC has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value.
Tody can spar with the player up to three times per day.
Note that the level in the table below is Tody's base level at the start of the game. Tody's actual level can be higher because Tody can level up over time.
|Player Lose|| |
Occasionally, first thing in the morning, the player may leave their house to find Tody outside, hoping to invite the player out for a date or play date.
Once the player has become buddies with Tody, they can schedule a play date together.
After the player has successfully confessed how they feel to Tody, the player can schedule a romantic date with Tody.
If the player chooses to dine at The Round Table with Tody during a play date or date, it is recommended to order dishes Tody will like. If asked before ordering, Tody will sometimes tell the player exactly which dishes to order; other times, Tody will just give little hints. In the event that Tody does not specify the exact foods desired, the player should order between three and six dishes, depending on what hint Tody gives. It is recommended to order each of those dishes from different courses, ex. ordering one Appetizer, Meat, Vegetable, Dessert, and Drink course each, rather than five Desserts.
Tody's food preferences are:
|Exceptions:||Tody feels neutral about Spicy Fish Soup because it is both Fish and Sea Food and Spicy Food.|
As the player develops their relationship with Tody, special interactions are unlocked, including Hug and Kiss.
Tody occasionally uses the Relic Pieces Exchange board at the Museum to trade for relic pieces. Tody likes to look at particular completed relics, so after the player has donated such relics to the Museum or displayed them in their yard, Tody may come visit the Museum or the player's yard to view these relics. Such visits will earn the player relationship points each time, with the amount dependent upon the relic.
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Huss • Mali • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|