The Winter Solstice is an event taking place on Winter of Day 23. It marks the tradition that began with people in the Age of Darkness tossing food items into the hot pot to survive. This event starts at 10:00 and ends at 15:00.
- "Thank you all for gathering here today. Before we start, I invite Minister Lee to deliver a sermon for us. Minister?"
- "Thank you Gale. Well, nice havin' everyone out on this very cold day. I'm going to keep this short since the smell is oh-so-good! Django, you're getting good at this!"
- "I'm going to tell the story of how the Winter Solstice tradition got started. Long ago, in the bleakest period of the Age of Darkness, there was no light to be found. People rose in the morning and went to bed at night in total blackout. Food was scarce and the crops were failing. And it was cold... very, very cold!"
- "Many people died. On an especially cold Winter Solstice, a few of the strugglers started a fire to keep warm. When one of them suddenly said: 'I still have a can of beans, let's heat it up and share it!' Someone followed by saying: 'That's not enough, I still have some mushrooms, let me put that in as well!" One after another, people gave up what they had left."
- "By the time they're done, the pot was full of wonderful and filling things. These people ate and laughed and went on to survive that day, and the next, and the day after that. Until the sun finally came out."
- "Even though we're seeing better times now, we need to remember what got us to this point. We shared our offering, provided help to one another, and together made out current happiness possible. So please never forget that! God bless."
- "Thank you for that wonderful sermon, Minister. Now then everyone, let's throw in what we have!"
- "That smells so delicious! Let's get ready to eat!"
The purpose of the Winter Solstice is to toss food ingredients into the hot pot. After tossing ten items, the player can grab a non-inventory serving of the hot pot, which will heighten some of the player's abilities for a limited time. The townsfolk can also toss in food, but may also request food ingredients; when the request is granted, the character gains relationship points, depending on the type of food. Most food ingredients can be purchased from Emily's Food Stall; other ingredients must be gathered elsewhere, such as Ginger, Bamboo Papaya, Meat, Snake Meat, Lantern Fish or Wise Fish.
Several characters have a special dialogue specifically made for this event.
Below is a list of food ingredients that can be tossed in to the hot pot.
This list is incomplete.
|Meat and poultry|
|Spices, herbs, and seasonings|
Emily's Food StallEdit
- Main article: Emily's Food Stall
|Emily's Food Stall|