|“||Dr. Xu grew up in Walnut Groove, where he met a traveling doctor from Seesai, igniting his passion for Seesaian medicine. Dr. Xu followed this master doctor back to Seesai and studied there for many years before returning to the Free Cities. Dr. Xu's goal is to use what he learned in that far away land and help the people of Portia live longer and healthier lives.|
Xu is fluent in Seesain from his time studying abroad. After his studies, Xu traveled as a doctor until he came upon Portia, where he decided to stay due to its lack of a long-term doctor. In Portia, he became popular and plans to retire there.
Xu does not like tea, such as Red Tea, as he cannot sleep after drinking it.
Xu has scruffy-textured black hair and bushy eyebrows. He is 172cm tall, weighs 58kg, and is thin built.
Xu wears a white coat typically used in medical professions and wraps his stethoscope around his neck. He has a tan undershirt and brown pants. His accessories include blue-colored glasses and blue-colored tennis shoes.
When befriending Xu, his relationship network with other NPCs will also be affected, resulting in the player receiving favor points from those NPCs as well.
At the end of the day, he returns to his home, which is in the center of town, near his clinic. It is open from 10:00 AM to 18:00 PM.
|7:00||Walks from his home, through Central Plaza, to the grassy fields in front of Abu's home.|
|9:00||In the grassy fields near Central Plaza, collecting herbs just outside the city gate.|
|11:00||Runs from the fields to Dr. Xu's Clinic.|
|13:00||Working in Dr. Xu's Clinic.|
|18:00||Walks from Dr. Xu's Clinic to Peach Plaza.|
|20:30||Sits on a bench in Peach Plaza.|
- Dr. Xu participates in all calendar events.
- On Saturdays, Xu will spend the first hour of the day walking to Gale's home. He will then sit down with Ginger (although they may be on opposite sides of the room from one another) until 11:00, at which point he will run back to his Clinic, arriving at about 12:00. His schedule will proceed normally from there.
- After work, he may sometimes go to The Round Table or sit on the bench to the right of the entrance before returning home.
- Husband +
- Receive help with domestic work and resource gathering, and a chance at receiving gifts first thing in the morning.
- First meeting
- Hey, welcome to Portia. I'm pretty much the only doctor around here, so come see me when you need to heal up or buy health items. Here, have these as a welcome gift.
- Keep the doctor's advice in mind. Stay away from spicy food, exercise frequently. That's how you can stay out of the clinic.
- I like herb gathering. Sometimes I get a little surprise when a little bug fell from the tree leaves. I give them to Qiwa as a gift. Haha!
- Phyllis is a good helper and a quick learner. My work has gotten a lot easier because of her.
- Do you go on adventures often? Keep some drugs at hand and remember doctor's advice.
- Mission: Broken Handrail: Have you fixed the broken handrail yet?
- You better be careful, I'll show no mercy.
- Let me show you my full power!
- Alright, let's go! Bring it!
- Come on, let's see what you got!
- Challenging me? I'm game!
- Okay...let's start!
- I admire your courage! Fine, I'll play with you.
- Already starting? I was going to do some stretching.
- Let's rumble!
- Hahah, What do you think of me now?
- You're not hurt are you? Don't worry about it, practice makes perfect.
- Haha, that was super fun! You are pretty good!
- Of course I was going to win! You underestimated me!
- You're far too weak.
- Humph, go home and practice more.
- Alright, I win!
- So you're only so-so.
- Ah, I got some bruises from that.
- Never imagined I could lose.
- Oh, defeat...
- I'm getting a little tired...
- You are the most powerful opponent I've ever met!
- I lost...
- Ah, ow, ow, ow!
- Why are you so strong?
- I'm going for the win next time.
- You won, be proud of it!
- Mercy, mercy!
- What a pity! I will not lose next time!
- That was awful, I'll remember this!
- Talk about favorite foods
- I personally don't care too much for tea.
- I don't drink Red Tea because I can't sleep after that.
- I like fruit juice, 'cause I don't have to peel the fruits.
- I like to eat meat, doesn't matter if it's fried, baked, BBQed, or something else.
- Ask about work
- Casual talk
- I'm from Walnut Groove, but I studied my medical in Seesai. I'm actually fluent in Seesaian. I know some in the Free Cities find the Seesaian culture different, but I liked it there.
- (You're really popular here in Portia.)
- I plan to retire here, so this is my community now.
- (You're keeping everyone healthy as can be.)
- Just doing my job.
- I look forward to have dinner with you when we both have time.
- Going to bed early and getting up early is good for health.
- Are we going on an adventure tomorrow? The clinic has plenty of medicines. Keep that mind.
- Take care, don't overwork yourself.
- Let's head out and have some fun!
- I'm so glad you're in my life!
- Didn't we get along well before? You have changed.
- Winter Solstice
- It's so fun being able to celebrate today with a hot pot. But don't eat too much though, or your stomach will feel it later!
- The snow looks plentiful. Gotta keep up exercising to warm up my body.
Giving gifts to Xu affects your relationship.
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral effect when given to Xu.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Xu's birthday earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points respectively and show a unique dialogue.
- Dr. Xu feels neutral about Stone, unlike most NPCs who dislike it
|Version 1.0.129395||Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.|
The following items are desires, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that this NPC has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value. The following items are desires, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that this NPC has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value.
Xu will spar with you three times per day. Xu is eligible for sparring.
Xu will play RPS with you three times per day.
After you have successfully confessed how you feel and Xu accepts you, you can schedule a romantic date.
If you choose to dine at The Round Table with Xu during a date, be sure to order dishes they will like. Sometimes, if you ask them before ordering, they will tell you exactly which dishes to order; other times, they will just give little hints. In any event, Xu's food preferences are:
Occasionally, first thing in the morning, you may leave your house to find Xu outside, hoping to invite you out for a date.
Once you have become buddies with Xu, you can schedule a play date together. === Interact=== As you develop your relationship with Xu, you unlock special interactions, including Hug and Kiss.
Xu occasionally uses the Relic Pieces Exchange board at the Museum to trade for relic pieces. Xu also visits the museum occasionally and likes to look at particular exhibits (after you have donated them to the Museum).
On the 13th day of Spring in the first year, Dr. Xu will be waiting outside the Builder's home when they wake up.
- "Hi, so you're the new Builder in town? I heard you're from Barnorock. It's a lot more humid here in Portia. Have you got used to the humidity here?
- Not yet.
- Choosing "Yep!" option:
- Choosing "Not yet." option:
- "Health is the most important thing in life, right? Don't wait until you're sick to do something about it. A Seesai proverb says "prevention is the best cure!" Don't you agree?"
- "Good! But still, eat some healthy foods, good for the body, good for the mind. Try using Milk, Golden Salmon, and Salt to make the Creamy Salmon Stew. It's a local stew, I personally find it very healthy!"
- Thank you, doctor.
- But how do I make it?
Choosing "Thank you, doctor." option ends dialog.
- "Recently everyone is healthy. The work at the clinic is quite relaxed."
- "Isn't the workshop builder quite busy? You've been help us out for quite some time. Is there anything I can help you too? Want to chitchat about what's going with your work? I'm all ears!"
- Logging is hard
- Mining is hard
- It's okay, I'm fine.
- No matter what the builder says:
Choosing "It's okay, I'm fine." will end the event.
The next day, talking to Xu will complete the event:
- If the builder chose "Logging is hard":
- If the builder chose "Mining is hard":
- "Hey little fellow! Getting your butt handed to you?"
- "Dr. Xu is worried about you and wants to come in. Normally I don't just let people in. So I let him wait outside. Go find him. He might still be waiting. Who knows!"
Xu will be waiting at the entrance to the Collapsed Wasteland. When approaching him:
- "You are out finally, Let me see if you are hurt."
- Why are you even here?
- "Civil Corps says you visit the Hazardous Ruins often. There are tough monsters. You are in big trouble if you are injured."
- Can I get a treatment? I'm injured,
- I'm fine. Don't worry.
- Choosing "Can I get a treatment? I'm injured," option:
- Choosing "I'm fine. Don't worry." option:
- "Looks nothing serious. I will treat you in a bit."
- "Okay, you are good to go."
- Thank you Dr. Xu. Are you hurt too?
- I feel completely fine, thank you!
- Choosing "Thank you Dr. Xu. Are you hurt too?" option:
- "This is embarrassing. I wanted to sneak in when the gate was open. And a strange bird jumped on me and I couldn't react in time. And the rest is history."
- "The good thing is Sam showed up in time and drove away the bird, and drove me back from the gate too."
- "Don't worry, I can take care of my injury. But if something happens to you, I'd be really worried!"
- Relationship +40
- Choosing "I feel completely fine, thank you!" option:
After attaining 450 Friendship (4.5 ) with Dr. Xu, if the builder is single, entering the clinic will start the event: Dr. Xu talking to Phyllis:
- "Will it work...?"
- "Doctor, you've gotta be proactive. If you really like the person, go for it!"
- "You're absolutely right, I shouldn't give up before even trying! Thank you for your advice, Phyllis!"
- "What should I do next? I definitely can't ask..."
- "Hey there PlayerName! Can we help you? Not feeling well?"
- "Ah... PlayerName! When did you come in?"
- I just got here.
- What were you talking about?
- Choosing either option:
- "Oh, not... nothing at all!"
- "I was just going to get some herbs. Right! Phyllis, just do it the way I told you earlier, got it?"
This ends dialog.
Talking to Xu again during the same day, or the next day will prompt the following response:
- "Ehh...what were we talking about...it was about herbs! Which herbs we like the most! Anyway, I've got to go."
Talking to Phyllis continues the event:
- "You know what? You'd think Dr. Xu is great at what he does, but he's definitely not good at this! Haha!"
- "So...? You want to know what Dr. Xu is up to? I don't know if I should tell..."
This ends dialog.
- "What to do...oh well, I am starting to crave some Spaghetti with Hot Sauce though, oh what to do?"
- I'll make you one!
- What to do?
- Choosing "I will make you one." option:
- Choosing "What do I do?" option:
Either option will begin Mission: The Brightest Star.
After starting a relationship with Xu, the first time the Builder talks to him:
- "No... this might not work. No... this definitely will not work."
- Anything bothering you Dr. Xu?
- "Ah, PlayerName! I was doing something... didn't notice you."
- "Recently I've been cultivating a special kind of herb, but it's not going smoothly. This kind of herb will need a special tool to grow.""
- Is there anything I can help with?
- "Glad you asked! If you can make Plant Fences and Spray Bottles, it will be really helpful. Interested?"
- Yeah, that's no problem.
- Sorry, I've got something else coming up.
- Choosing "Yeah, that's no problem." option:
This will begin Mission: Moonlight Primrose.