|“||Dr. Xu grew up in Walnut Groove, where he met a traveling doctor from Seesai, igniting his passion for Seesaian medicine. Dr. Xu followed this master doctor back to Seesai and studied there for many years before returning to the Free Cities. Dr. Xu's goal is to use what he learned in that far away land and help the people of Portia live longer and healthier lives.||„|
Xu is fluent in Seesain from his time studying abroad. After his studies, Xu traveled as a doctor until he came upon Portia, where he decided to stay due to its lack of a long-term doctor. In Portia, he became popular and plans to retire there.
Xu does not like tea, such as Red Tea, as he cannot sleep after drinking it.
Xu has scruffy-textured black hair and bushy eyebrows. He is 172cm tall, weighs 58kg, and is thin built.
Xu wears a white coat typically used in medical professions and wraps his stethoscope around his neck. He has a tan undershirt and brown pants. His accessories include blue-colored glasses and blue-colored tennis shoes.
When befriending Xu, his relationship network with other NPCs will also be affected, resulting in the player receiving favor points from those NPCs as well.
At the end of the day, he returns to his home, which is in the center of town, near his clinic. It is open from 10:00 AM to 18:00 PM.
|12:00||In Dr. Xu's Clinic.|
|7:00||Walks from his home, through Central Plaza, to the grassy fields in front of Abu's home.|
|9:00||In the grassy fields near Central Plaza, collecting herbs just outside the city gate.|
|11:00||Runs from the fields to Dr. Xu's Clinic.|
|13:00||Working in Dr. Xu's Clinic.|
|18:00||Walks from Dr. Xu's Clinic to Peach Plaza.|
|20:30||Sits on a bench in Peach Plaza.|
- Dr. Xu participates in all calendar events.
- On Saturdays, Xu will spend the first hour of the day walking to Gale's home. He will then sit down with Ginger (although they may be on opposite sides of the room from one another) until 11:00, at which point he will run back to his Clinic, arriving at about 12:00. His schedule will proceed normally from there.
- After work, he may sometimes go to The Round Table or sit on the bench to the right of the entrance before returning home.
Upon reaching Friend status at four full hearts, the player can confess their love to him with a Heart Knot. If the confession is successful, his relationship status changes to Boyfriend. After Xu has become the player's boyfriend, upon reaching Lover status at eight full hearts, the player can then propose to him with a Wedding Ring. If the proposal is successful, his relationship status changes to Husband. Once certain other conditions have been met, Xu and the player can then try for children.
Additionally, upon meeting certain relationship levels, certain perks are rewarded.
- Receive a 10% discount when consuming in the store
- Send gifts through the mail sometimes
- Possible gifts are:
- Add an extra 100 health points and 10% off in the store
- Receive a 25% discount when consuming in the store
- Husband +
- Receive help with domestic work and resource gathering, and a chance at receiving gifts first thing in the morning.
- First meeting
- Hey, welcome to Portia. I'm pretty much the only doctor around here, so come see me when you need to heal up or buy health items. Here, have these as a welcome gift.
- Keep the doctor's advice in mind. Stay away from spicy food, exercise frequently. That's how you can stay out of the clinic.
- I like herb gathering. Sometimes I get a little surprise when a little bug fell from the tree leaves. I give them to Qiwa as a gift. Haha!
- Phyllis is a good helper and a quick learner. My work has gotten a lot easier because of her.
- Do you go on adventures often? Keep some drugs at hand and remember doctor's advice.
- Mission: Broken Handrail: Have you fixed the broken handrail yet?
- You better be careful, I'll show no mercy.
- Let me show you my full power!
- Alright, let's go! Bring it!
- Come on, let's see what you got!
- Challenging me? I'm game!
- Okay...let's start!
- I admire your courage! Fine, I'll play with you.
- Already starting? I was going to do some stretching.
- Let's rumble!
- Hahah, What do you think of me now?
- You're not hurt are you? Don't worry about it, practice makes perfect.
- Haha, that was super fun! You are pretty good!
- Of course I was going to win! You underestimated me!
- You're far too weak.
- Humph, go home and practice more.
- Alright, I win!
- So you're only so-so.
- Ah, I got some bruises from that.
- Never imagined I could lose.
- Oh, defeat...
- I'm getting a little tired...
- You are the most powerful opponent I've ever met!
- I lost...
- Ah, ow, ow, ow!
- Why are you so strong?
- I'm going for the win next time.
- You won, be proud of it!
- Mercy, mercy!
- What a pity! I will not lose next time!
- That was awful, I'll remember this!
- Talk about favorite foods
- I personally don't care too much for tea.
- I don't drink Red Tea because I can't sleep after that.
- I like fruit juice, 'cause I don't have to peel the fruits.
- I like to eat meat, doesn't matter if it's fried, baked, BBQed, or something else.
- I always order lots of meat! Just because, haha!
- Ask about work
- (What made you decide to set up your clinic here?)
- There's a case I want to solve here. I wasn't expecting to stay here in Portia at first, actually. But I really want to solve this case and cure this patient.
- Casual talk
- I'm from Walnut Groove, but I studied my medical in Seesai. I'm actually fluent in Seesaian. I know some in the Free Cities find the Seesaian culture different, but I liked it there.
- I went to Seesai by boat, it was an eye opening experience. The silk, the jade, the food - it was all amazing.
- (You're really popular here in Portia.)
- I plan to retire here, so this is my community now.
- Aw shucks, you just weren't there when people were telling me to jump off a cliff. Being a doctor is rough!
- (You're keeping everyone healthy as can be.)
- Just doing my job.
- I look forward to have dinner with you when we both have time.
- Going to bed early and getting up early is good for health.
- Are we going on an adventure tomorrow? The clinic has plenty of medicines. Keep that mind.
- Take care, don't overwork yourself.
- Let's head out and have some fun!
- I'm so glad you're in my life!
- Didn't we get along well before? You have changed.
- Winter Solstice
- It's so fun being able to celebrate today with a hot pot. But don't eat too much though, or your stomach will feel it later!
- The snow looks plentiful. Gotta keep up exercising to warm up my body.
- Every giftable item, except for the items below, will have a Neutral (+1) effect when given to Xu.
- Gifts given on festival days and on Xu's birthday will earn the player 2x and 3x relationship points, respectively, and will show a unique dialogue.
- Values listed below are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.
- Dr. Xu feels neutral about Stone, unlike most NPCs who dislike it
|Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra point.
Gift values displayed on this chart are for the PC release of My Time at Portia and may not apply to the console releases.
The following items are desires, or wishes, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that Xu has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value. Some NPCs may desire an item that they do not normally like.
Xu can spar with the player up to three times per day.
Note that the level in the table below is Xu's base level at the start of the game. Xu's actual level can be higher because Xu will level up over time.
|Player Lose|| |
Xu can play RPS with the player up to three times per day.
Below is a gallery of Xu's poses in group photos.
Occasionally, first thing in the morning, the player may leave their house to find Xu outside, hoping to invite the player out for a date or play date.
Once the player has become buddies with Xu, they can schedule a play date together.
After the player has successfully confessed how they feel to Xu, the player can schedule a romantic date with Xu.
If the player chooses to dine at The Round Table with Xu during a play date or date, it is recommended to order dishes Xu will like. If asked before ordering, Xu will sometimes tell the player exactly which dishes to order; other times, Xu will just give little hints. In the event that Xu does not specify the exact foods desired, the player should order between three and six dishes, depending on what hint Xu gives. It is recommended to order each of those dishes from different courses, ex. ordering one Appetizer, Meat, Vegetable, Dessert, and Drink course each, rather than five Desserts.
Xu's food preferences are:
As the player develops their relationship with Xu, special interactions are unlocked, including Hug and Kiss.
Xu occasionally uses the Relic Pieces Exchange board at the Museum to trade for relic pieces. Xu likes to look at particular completed relics, so after the player has donated such relics to the Museum or displayed them in their yard, Xu may come visit the Museum or the player's yard to view these relics. Such visits will earn the player relationship points each time, with the amount dependent upon the relic.
- Main missions are listed in chronological order, based on the chronology list.
- Secondary missions are listed in alphabetical order.
- Indented missions indicate succession of the previously listed mission. Further missions in its timeline are in chronological order.
- A Mysterious Lunch Fairy
- Someone put some healthy food in Sam's lunch. She wants to know who did it.
- Broken Handrail
- The handrail above the Portia School is old and worn, Dr. Xu is worried that people might fall off and get hurt. Fix it.
- Commission of Happiness
- Help A&G Construction deliver some wallpaper samples to customers before 18:00.
- This is Gust's romance mission.
- Ginger's Treatment
- Dr. Xu needs your help in constructing a Therapy Lamp.
- Craft Therapy Lights
- The Therapy Light will burn out after each use, prepare some more for Dr. Xu.
- In Sickness
- Ginger's sick? Go to her house and see how she's doing.
- This is Ginger's romance mission.
- Phyllis's Remedy
- People are getting sick from the polluted water in Portia, Dr. Xu has asked you to collect some items for Phyllis's research.
- Stories of Togetherness
- Petra left some hints with other people for a message to you. You'll need to talk to a them to figure out what the message is.
- This is Petra's romance mission.
- The Brightest Star
- Dr. Xu and Phyllis are chatting about something you are not supposed to hear. What are they planning?
- Time To Get Serious
- Talk to Phyllis' friends to find out why she refused to marry you.
- This is Phyllis' romance mission.
- Moonlight Primrose
- Dr. Xu will need some planting tools for cultivating the herbs, help him make them.
- Taking Care of the Doctor
- Taking Care of Dr. Xu.
On the 13th day of Spring in the first year, Dr. Xu will be waiting outside the Builder's home when they wake up.
- "Hi, so you're the new Builder in town? I heard you're from Barnorock. It's a lot more humid here in Portia. Have you got used to the humidity here?
- Not yet.
- Choosing "Yep!" option:
- Choosing "Not yet." option:
- "Health is the most important thing in life, right? Don't wait until you're sick to do something about it. A Seesai proverb says "prevention is the best cure!" Don't you agree?"
- "Good! But still, eat some healthy foods, good for the body, good for the mind. Try using Milk, Golden Salmon, and Salt to make the Creamy Salmon Stew. It's a local stew, I personally find it very healthy!"
- Thank you, doctor.
- But how do I make it?
Choosing "Thank you, doctor." option ends dialog.
- "Recently everyone is healthy. The work at the clinic is quite relaxed."
- "Isn't the workshop builder quite busy? You've been help us out for quite some time. Is there anything I can help you too? Want to chitchat about what's going with your work? I'm all ears!"
- Logging is hard
- Mining is hard
- It's okay, I'm fine.
- No matter what the builder says:
Choosing "It's okay, I'm fine." will end the event.
The next day, talking to Xu will complete the event:
- If the builder chose "Logging is hard":
- If the builder chose "Mining is hard":
- "Hey little fellow! Getting your butt handed to you?"
- "Dr. Xu is worried about you and wants to come in. Normally I don't just let people in. So I let him wait outside. Go find him. He might still be waiting. Who knows!"
Xu will be waiting at the entrance to the Collapsed Wasteland. When approaching him:
- "You are out finally, Let me see if you are hurt."
- Why are you even here?
- "Civil Corps says you visit the Hazardous Ruins often. There are tough monsters. You are in big trouble if you are injured."
- Can I get a treatment? I'm injured,
- I'm fine. Don't worry.
- Choosing "Can I get a treatment? I'm injured," option:
- Choosing "I'm fine. Don't worry." option:
- "Looks nothing serious. I will treat you in a bit."
- "Okay, you are good to go."
- Thank you Dr. Xu. Are you hurt too?
- I feel completely fine, thank you!
- Choosing "Thank you Dr. Xu. Are you hurt too?" option:
- "This is embarrassing. I wanted to sneak in when the gate was open. And a strange bird jumped on me and I couldn't react in time. And the rest is history."
- "The good thing is Sam showed up in time and drove away the bird, and drove me back from the gate too."
- "Don't worry, I can take care of my injury. But if something happens to you, I'd be really worried!"
- Relationship +40
- Choosing "I feel completely fine, thank you!" option:
After attaining 450 Friendship (4.5 ) with Dr. Xu, if the builder is single, entering the clinic will start the event: Dr. Xu talking to Phyllis:
- "Will it work...?"
- "Doctor, you've gotta be proactive. If you really like the person, go for it!"
- "You're absolutely right, I shouldn't give up before even trying! Thank you for your advice, Phyllis!"
- "What should I do next? I definitely can't ask..."
- "Hey there PlayerName! Can we help you? Not feeling well?"
- "Ah... PlayerName! When did you come in?"
- I just got here.
- What were you talking about?
- Choosing either option:
- "Oh, not... nothing at all!"
- "I was just going to get some herbs. Right! Phyllis, just do it the way I told you earlier, got it?"
This ends dialog.
Talking to Xu again during the same day, or the next day will prompt the following response:
- "Ehh...what were we talking about...it was about herbs! Which herbs we like the most! Anyway, I've got to go."
Talking to Phyllis continues the event:
- "You know what? You'd think Dr. Xu is great at what he does, but he's definitely not good at this! Haha!"
- "So...? You want to know what Dr. Xu is up to? I don't know if I should tell..."
This ends dialog.
- "What to do...oh well, I am starting to crave some Spaghetti with Hot Sauce though, oh what to do?"
- I'll make you one!
- What to do?
- Choosing "I will make you one." option:
- Choosing "What do I do?" option:
Either option will begin Mission: The Brightest Star.
After starting a relationship with Xu, the first time the Builder talks to him:
- "No... this might not work. No... this definitely will not work."
- Anything bothering you Dr. Xu?
- "Ah, PlayerName! I was doing something... didn't notice you."
- "Recently I've been cultivating a special kind of herb, but it's not going smoothly. This kind of herb will need a special tool to grow.""
- Is there anything I can help with?
- "Glad you asked! If you can make Plant Fences and Spray Bottles, it will be really helpful. Interested?"
- Yeah, that's no problem.
- Sorry, I've got something else coming up.
- Choosing "Yeah, that's no problem." option:
This will begin Mission: Moonlight Primrose.
|Bachelors||Aadit • Albert • Antoine • Arlo • Django • Erwa • Gust • Liuwa • Mint • Oaks • Paulie • Qiwa • Remington • Sanwa • Siwa • Tody • Wuwa • Xu|
|Bachelorettes||Alice • Emily • Ginger • Lucy • Mei • Nora • Petra • Phyllis • Sam • Sonia|
|Other characters||Abu • Ack • Carol • Dana • Dawa • Dolly • Gale • Higgins • Isaac • Jack • Lee • Mars • Martha • McDonald • Merlin • Molly • Pinky • Polly • Presley • QQ • Russo • Scraps • Sophie • Toby • Yeye • Yoyo|
|Strangers||Albert Jr. • Huss • Mali • Musa • Mysterious Man • Pa • Penny • Ryder • Ten • Tuss • Ursula|